COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Post by Jimbo »

Sage-au contraire!
We have witnessed your evolution from rookie (and a pretty darn good rookie at that) to a first-class designer who does full justice to the best real course.

I'm serious-I'm not trying to butter you up for a run at St. George...
...honest... :smile:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Jimbo,

Well, thanks for the kind words......!!!!!!!

No promises.......I'll look at St. George........

Sage...... :yes:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Jimbo,

I've looked at St George's Country Club, Toronto a few times........Looks to be a doable course. When I finish up what I am working on now I will give it a go. If anyone else is already working on it please let me know and I won't give it another thought.......

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Sage-it's only 18 holes...they go out (east) from the clubhouse in a "wing" formation.
If anybody needs pictures of that clubhouses, let me know (I've curled there once or twice). Their website is also a great help (hopefully :smile: )

http://www.stgeorges.org/index.html

Here are links to Lambton and Weston too-some of you were interested.

https://www.lambtongolf.com/Visit
https://westongolfcc.com/golf

I might as well include another Stanley Thompson course-the sister of St. George's (which is also hosting in 2014) and virtually just down the street-Islington, which is also beautiful and, while too short to host the Canadian Open might be worth a look from the LPGA.
We're just talking about the west end of Toronto for all 4 courses-and they're the historic ones...southern Ontario-and all of Canada for that matter is drastically overlooked...in golf and other things! :yes:
Last edited by Jimbo on May 25th, 2020, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogan

Post by Hogan »

The Jack Nicklaus course, Montreux G&CC in Nevada.
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

Here's one of Two would like to see as it has already been done for Tiger Woods 2008 Course Downloads .
Its called Waterchase Golf Club in Ft Worth Texas .
Its an actual course shown here :https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/waterch ... fort-worth
The Tigerwoods download page is here : http://www.coursedownloads.com/courseso ... sp?id=8108
The other is ...
IronHorse Golf Club in Richland Hills Texas https://www.ironhorsetx.com/
Here is Golf Digest Review : https://video.golfdigest.com/watch/eat- ... llas-texas

In Actuality both of these courses or 7 miles apart from each other , and are regarded as some of the best in the DFW area . :thumbup:
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

There are SO many European Tour and Open courses I would like to see done. At one time I would have made an attempt on some (minus clubhouses as I've never "got" 3D work)
However, work and having to care for an elderly father after various health emergencies and the suicide of my mother take up almost all my time. What little free time I have is taken by running and playing on the European Tour at LSPN.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I too would like to see more European Tour courses, as well as Asian ones. Especially from countries that dont already have a bunch of courses for Links already. Im taking my sweet time finishing my own first course due to APCD burnout and stuff, but I always planned on getting to making real European Tour courses or Asian ones afterwards. I have a list of loads of such potential courses and havent decided on which to start with, but likely will be the South Korean Jeju Island. @Stephen Sullivan if you have any particular courses to request, or otherwise in general have any good idea for which of them would be easy to make (some kind of decent access to green information) feel free to PM me. Same goes for anyone else. Not that I promise to make any course anyone suggests, but I like looking into them at least. Im just not at the moment interested in making any courses from countries that already have a ton of courses, mainly USA, UK, Ireland.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Adelade

Here's the schedule so far for 2020 http://www.europeantour.com/europeantou ... _full.html

There's a real lack of Middle Eastern courses and a lot of the ones used on the tour appear to be "estate" courses with lots of surrounding buildings and complicated clubhouses
Lord Hearteater

Post by Lord Hearteater »

If there were more EuroTour courses to work with, I would be making EuroTour seasons for Career Mode that would be on a par with my Real Tournaments series, which is rooted in the US Tour. As it is, what few EuroTour courses are available do populate the semi-pro level, here and there, when the supply of courses for extinct American events runs low. I've left EuroTour territory somewhat un-mined, simply because I don't believe that there are enough real courses and events to do a full-blown complete season (right down to the purse amounts and trophies, and not just the real course venues).

There's presently enough EuroTour courses to make a 12-week season at the pro and invitational levels. The lower levels would still present a significant challenge, if my existing standard of using only real life tournaments is upheld.

If it seems like I have been throwing the gauntlet down, there is some deliberateness on my part in creating that impression. Links 2003 has limitations that form their own barriers and challenges to pleasing everyone completely. We either accept and work within those limitations, or we move onward to something else.

A big thank you goes out to those who make the courses. My one regret is that there will not be a Winged Foot available in time for the release of Real Tournaments 2020, in another few weeks. I will thus pose the question here, as I have elsewhere: Should the RT2020 US Open be done in "ultimate" style, using other historic US Open venues, or should I just use nearby Shinnecock Hills (also a historic US Open venue) for all 4 rounds? For the past 15 years, I have always gone with "ultimate," but the geography of Shinny and Winged Foot do offer the opportunity to make a reality-rooted exception. What say you?

EDIT: Deus ex machina is sometimes a literal term. Thanks to pmgolf for linking me to Winged Foot 2006. Hopefully, it gets into the LC download library soon enough, as it has never been there before.
Last edited by Lord Hearteater on September 24th, 2019, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New