COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Post by pmgolf »

I didn't realize that was a NZ course. I thought it was from that area of the world, but not NZ. I do like it!

Pete
Blade

Post by Blade »

AJ Allen wrote: June 10th, 2020, 4:00 am I was reading that Mackenzie got paid 250 pounds for his few hrs consulting, while the course designer got paid 25 for 10x the amount of work. Think I might have to set up a test plot in APCD and see how my bunkering technique holds up with the ones on the course. It would be a fun one to do, especially if I could find what tee distances were used when Tiger won his tournament there. :thumbup:

I can't find too many pics of the course on the internet, well, not ones with the views that I want. And unfortunately it's a 7hr drive from here, so taking some myself will have to wait a while.

Cheers, AJ
AJ. About 20 years ago Eric Dorsey ( dorse72 ) asked me to obtain a Commemorative Book / Yardage Book and many actual photo's of Kingston Heath, he was very keen to create the course for Links - sadly nothing came of it. I'm very fortunate that I have friends who are Members of KH and as a result I have been able to play the course many times. It's a tough mother in real life and wouldn't be easy in Links.
Many in Australia rate it as a better course than Royal Melbourne.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

AJ Allen wrote: June 10th, 2020, 5:20 pm Adelade,it's probably because (I'm guessing) most of the people designing for links come from those areas. Also, those are the courses that are on the PGA and European tours, so people likely want to play courses that they know. I quite understand that.
Yea its understandable, although only a small minority of the European tour venues are in those countries, and even US courses that dont feature on the PGA tour have a much higher chance of being made.

Te Ihi O Te Rangi was made by Kristoffer Selberg, but its not based on a real life course (Im not saying that to dismiss the course or anything, just to inform)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Gowoods wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:11 am
AJ Allen wrote: June 10th, 2020, 4:00 am I was reading that Mackenzie got paid 250 pounds for his few hrs consulting, while the course designer got paid 25 for 10x the amount of work. Think I might have to set up a test plot in APCD and see how my bunkering technique holds up with the ones on the course. It would be a fun one to do, especially if I could find what tee distances were used when Tiger won his tournament there. :thumbup:

I can't find too many pics of the course on the internet, well, not ones with the views that I want. And unfortunately it's a 7hr drive from here, so taking some myself will have to wait a while.

Cheers, AJ
AJ. About 20 years ago Eric Dorsey ( dorse72 ) asked me to obtain a Commemorative Book / Yardage Book and many actual photo's of Kingston Heath, he was very keen to create the course for Links - sadly nothing came of it. I'm very fortunate that I have friends who are Members of KH and as a result I have been able to play the course many times. It's a tough mother in real life and wouldn't be easy in Links.
Many in Australia rate it as a better course than Royal Melbourne.
Doing some research on the course, it's hard to find any accurate information as to things such as yardage. Even the hole numbers are different on different websites.

For example, the PGA website gives the length at over 7000 yards, and the 2nd hole as a par3. https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wor ... -hole.html

But look on other sites, the yeardage is totally different, and the 2nd is a par4. So this was making things difficult to figure out. However, I found a flyover hole by hole which I think is the best way to get a decent look at everything and also know which holes are which, and how long. https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/kingstonheath.php

Cheers, AJ
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

ok here is my REVISED list:
(yes i am aware that some of these course(s) are in the "alpha" stage)
1 atlanta athletic club - highlands course
2 couer d'alene
3 fancourt (its located in south africa)
4 muirfield
5 pasatiempo
6 troon north pinnacle course
7 tpc southwind
8 tpc summerlin
9 witch hollow at pumpkin ridge

i have revised my original list due the fact that in one case sherwood a "reverse" layout exists on course download page
and that course like bull run and many of the mike jones courses are perfect subsitutes for most of course(s) that have been omitted
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

woody4077 wrote: June 17th, 2020, 5:23 am ok here is my REVISED list:
(yes i am aware that some of these course(s) are in the "alpha" stage)
1 atlanta athletic club - highlands course
2 couer d'alene (someone doing this one?)
3 fancourt (its located in south africa)
4 muirfield (someone doing this one?)
5 pasatiempo
6 troon north pinnacle course
7 tpc southwind
8 tpc summerlin
9 witch hollow at pumpkin ridge

i have revised my original list due the fact that in one case sherwood a "reverse" layout exists on course download page
and that course like bull run and many of the mike jones courses are perfect subsitutes for most of course(s) that have been omitted
10 National golf links of america (southampton, new york). Layed out by the architect who did chicago gc. similar and also very cool and famous!
11 Sunningdale
12 Teeth of the Dog (dominican republic)
13. Ballybunion
14. Seminole (I believe someone is doing this one?)
15. Karen CC (Kenya)

:bookh:
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

seminole is being done by dorse72 but since dorse has a MILLION :P other projects going seminole is TBD
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

woody4077 wrote: June 17th, 2020, 5:23 am 2 couer d'alene (someone doing this one?) :bookh:
Yes... :yes:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'm looking at "Mississippi Dunes".......is anyone else....????

Sage.... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

sagevanni wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 3:04 pm I'm looking at "Mississippi Dunes".......is anyone else....????

Sage.... :smile:
Got all on doing Close House. Don't know how you manage to produce so many courses so quickly :pcwhack: