TPC Deere Run

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

TPC Deere Run

Post by braden1308 »

I have uploaded a beta of TPC Deere Run. This is and update to the 2008 release by Gary Allen and Chas Dempster. Here are a few screens
screen0037.jpg
screen0037.jpg (133.56 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
screen0028.jpg
screen0028.jpg (122.79 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
screen0019.jpg
screen0019.jpg (129.68 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
screen0016.jpg
screen0016.jpg (125.7 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
screen0011.jpg
screen0011.jpg (108.53 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
screen0061.jpg
screen0061.jpg (118.66 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Pete

Re: TPC Deere Run

Post by Pete »

Thanks Glen just played a few holes, looking very nice, will give it some more time over the next few days, much appreciated
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Glenn-I just downloaded the course and haven't played it yet but I'm looking at the Flyover (the flyover shows the tournament grandstands and other tournament objects...) and have noticed that each hole has been given a nickname (for example Hole 8 is called "Sanctuary"). Would this hole name correspond to the "Hole Name" on the Properties screen of APCD? Or does it cause a craash?

I've never seen it tried before and was wondering what it would look like...if, in fact that's what the name is for?

Just a pre-nitpick to think about. The course that I'm hoping to do has "Hole Names" as well.

And I thought I'd add this...just in case... :whistle:
Attachments
Clubhouse.jpg
Clubhouse.jpg (6.41 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Hole names are there, not sure how to make them show in game though. You can name them in APCD but as far as gameplay goes :dunno:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

When/if I get through the videos I'll try it with my course. BTW I'll concede that you really can't get a decent view of the clubhouse from the first tee or eighteenth green-the best that you can get is behind the tenth tee...and that's mostly parking lot. Are there any car add-ons? It's a pretty big lot! :yes:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Glen,
The screen shots look very impressive.
I love the planting it looks so natural.
Ian
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Ian, if the planting doesn't work well it tends to take away from the course.

Jimbo when you do an upgrade of a course sometimes the course isn't made from an actual overhead of the course so the holes can end up being crammed together and doesn't leave room for what really may be there. Not only was there not enough room for the clubhouse (if you could see it from the course) but there was only enough room for a small parking lot which isn't visible anyway. If you tried to add everything you see on Pro visualizer or Google Earth your course file would be so large it would take forever to load in links.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Brandon-no problem...the clubhouse is really not visible from anywhere...believe me I'd know! :smile:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Excellent upgrade. I like the new textures especially the dry undergrowth. The seam blends take care of the jaggedness of the original. At first I thought there should be some bushes or long grasses around the three ponds but a flyover revealed nothing. A pano with some low hills might help. The hole names could go on the hole previews. I would like to see a tournament edition. This course is rather plain and could use crowds, etc. to spice it up. Here's a flyover of the course for anyone.
https://tpc.com/deererun/course-flyover/
Chuck
Oh yeah, I forgot. If you do a tourney edition, little John Deere tractors for tee markers.
Oh yeah, I forgot again. Nice foot bridge on #15.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Chuck, I'll get right on all that....anything else I can do or is that all you are suggesting?