Kankakee ElksGC Final

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Kankakee ElksGC Final

Post by Pete »

Fine work Bob, thanks very much
Spelunker

Re: Kankakee ElksGC Final

Post by Spelunker »

After I downloaded this course, I noticed that the course filename shown on the course page was "Kankakee ElksGC_locked.crz".
When I extracted the file, the filename was "Kankakee ElksGC.CRZ". You may want to update the course page.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Spelunker wrote: March 6th, 2021, 2:01 am After I downloaded this course, I noticed that the course filename shown on the course page was "Kankakee ElksGC_locked.crz".
When I extracted the file, the filename was "Kankakee ElksGC.CRZ". You may want to update the course page.
Done.
Spelunker

Post by Spelunker »

Andy wrote: March 6th, 2021, 8:25 am
Spelunker wrote: March 6th, 2021, 2:01 am After I downloaded this course, I noticed that the course filename shown on the course page was "Kankakee ElksGC_locked.crz".
Done.
Thank you.
chad

Post by chad »

I enjoyed playing this course. I did notice a few things that I hope the designer can address. It looks like the Ladies and Back tees have the same yardages. Also, none of the holes have handicap values. I also found some textures that might need adjusting. :thumbup:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-06 112919.png
Screenshot 2021-03-06 112919.png (2.75 MiB) Viewed 4230 times
Screenshot 2021-03-06 112802.png
Screenshot 2021-03-06 112802.png (2.43 MiB) Viewed 4231 times
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Bob.....thanks for doing Kankakee Elks. It has a very natural, sort of "hometown" feel to it that makes for a relaxing round. It has a similar look and feel to several of the courses here in Wisconsin. Other than agreeing with the other comments posted above, the only thing that seemed a little "odd"
to me is that on hole 18, the yellow tees ( in front of the whites ) are elevated on a mound creating pretty much of a blind tee shot. I'm sure you were following the real layout, but I guess I've never seen something like that before. Overall, an enjoyable course !!!
Bob Kraft

Post by Bob Kraft »

I thank all of you for your interest in Kankakee Elks. But I think that I must explain some of the observations posted. I am aware of the two issues observed. First the Lie indicator- It is a seam blend that a real designer graciously gave me. I tried to change it but it is grayed out. It is part of the first cut on every hole. Without the original textures, I don't know how to replace it. It doesn't inhibit the play ability. Second- the score card was deliberately left blank. I did this design from memory and some photos. I last played the course in the early 1980's. I didn't save the card and did not want to post handicaps.The is a third issue- I mistakenly zipped an earlier version that probably led to Andy's posting problem. I do apologize Andy. In that course are two objects (Bushes) that are steel. Sorry! They should not come into play as they are nowhere near the fairways. But avoid the left sides of #4,#10 where they are the closest. Please enjoy the course as I and my father have many years ago.

Thanks,
Bob Kraft
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Bob,
Thanks for posting and thanks again for sharing your course. I did locate a scorecard of KElks on Bluegolf-
https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/co ... recard.htm

I don't know if this will sway your decision to update the handicaps or not, but thought I'd try. :thumbup:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Bob Kraft wrote: March 16th, 2021, 8:28 pmFirst the Lie indicator- It is a seam blend that a real designer graciously gave me. I tried to change it but it is grayed out. It is part of the first cut on every hole. Without the original textures, I don't know how to replace it. It doesn't inhibit the play ability.
You can change the lie indicator for Seam blends by setting the "Seam Blend Terrain Properties" for Terrain 1 and Terrain 2, it is located below the greyed out "Category" on seam blend textures. Terrain 1 is for Texture 1 and Terrain 2 is for Texture 2.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Bob Kraft

Post by Bob Kraft »

Chad and Adelade- If you two can but the effort in to enhance Kanakakee Elks, then I will certainly do more. I have put the handicaps into the scorecard for the course that I intended to upload. I will probably post it this weekend. That will make me the least favorite contributor to Andy, but would solve the steel object(bush) problem of what is there now. The lie icon is probably not practical to fix. I had, and again, tried what was suggested. Terrain 1 & 2 are the seam blend properties for the 2 textures of a seam blend. They are correct. That is why shots perform correctly. The only way, I think, to change the lie icon, is to clone to a new texture and replace throughout the course (mapping, etc.). There are over 400 mappings already. I should have caught it prior to starting. If it were easier, I would. I am kind of a perfectionist living in an imperfect world. Adelade, thanks for trying.
Bob Kraft