What I'm up to

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Re: What I'm up to

Post by chad »

Along with Cadmium Greens, another early course that would be great to see upgraded is Springbrook Lakes
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1014
:thumbup:
chad

Post by chad »

Hey Lez,
Hope all is well!

Another nice course that could use a little aesthetic work is Hawksmoor Heath. I think there's a really great little course there with a little attention in places :cheers1:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Good choice, Chad, however I already suggested Springbrook Lakes , along with 3 other suitable courses, back on my August 4th post to this topic. I believe Lez said he was going to be starting on The Bluffs at Ocean Point soon. I'm looking forward to all of these "HD updates".
John B

Post by John B »

Lez, you've done great work updating Crouching Beast. If you're not already familiar with it another very similar course by the same designer that you might think about updating sometime is Wyntoon. It's the sister course to Crouching Beast, and in my opinion as good or better. I think it would benefit greatly from your handiwork the way Crouching did.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Hi Lez: Since the last post for this topic was back in October, I'm just curious as to how you're coming along on any of the courses you may have chosen to get a sort of "HD" update from you on your efforts to refurbish some of the older 2001 designs that you ( and many others ) wanted to see done. I guess if you had any that were pretty much ready, you'd have probably uploaded them to LC. But, just curious as to what courses are in process
or even "on your list".

Thanks for your time..........Weeler
chad

Post by chad »

Haven't seen a post from Lez in a while...hope he's doing well. In case he comes to the boards and looks over his thread - another course that could use a pro upgrade is Trysting Tree :thumbup:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

It's been well over a year now since I touched the APCD but I am planning on returning to it again this week, at least until I finish The Bluffs at Ocean Point update that I started. I've found the old files....I just need to figure out what still needs to be done and then remember how to do it! :scared:

To be honest, life's been a real struggle these last few years since my brother died, and there are many things I can no longer find the motivation or desire to do anymore. Playing golf on PC stopped for me back in 2018, and so its much harder to work on courses now knowing that I'm not going to have the fun of playing them when they're finished. The last course I updated was tested solely by computer players.... I don't think I played a single round on it, and this one will probably be the same as well. At least I still enjoy watching golf, and so AI testing of courses is enjoyable.... I've always used this method a lot for testing anyway.... a lot more faults are noticeable when you're not focused on your shots!
My plan is to finish The Bluffs before Christmas, which barring unforeseen problems should be easily doable, and whether I then start another APCD project afterwards will probably depend on how frustrating this one goes over the next few weeks!! :wallbash: :laugh:

Anyway, for some reason these last few weeks have seen a dramatic improvement in my mental health, if not my physical health, and so it's good to be back.... however brief this time may turn out to be. :kicking:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Love to hear it :cheers1: (except for the rough times). Hoping it wont be a brief one :thumbup:

It's never too late to pick Links golfing up again... :whistle: :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Lez........since it had been quite awhile since you posted on Links Forum, I was curious as to how all was going. Thanks so much for the candid update,
and welcome back !!! I hope things continue to improve for you....and that you enjoy getting back to the APCD.
chad

Post by chad »

:kicking: