Farmer's Insurance Open 2022

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
milwsteve

Farmer's Insurance Open 2022

Post by milwsteve »

With this tournament coming up this week it would be nice to have Torrey Pines North course in the Links 2003 game to be a part of this wonderful tournament.
Jimbo

Re: Farmer's Insurance Open 2022

Post by Jimbo »

You can't rush genius...and last week's American Express is played on three courses (La Quinta, Niklaus Tournament and Pete Dye Stadium), of which only one (PGA West-La Quinta) currently exists, thanks to Tom Goodrick..
There's a PGA West Palmer Tournament course in Beta (Matt Henry) but it's been that way since 2013 and is not part of the trio-he has spectators and tournament objects installed. I certainly am not going to nitpick if he want's to release the Final version.
We also have PGA National (Doug Hurst & Glenn Braden).

As for Torrey Pines North, I think that Wheeler was contemplating it, but given that the tournament starts on Thursday...THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR SAGE!!!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I don't like the implications of that "RED" comment Jimbo...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's all good! :whistle:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Jimbo, unfortunately I'm not a designer. I've tried several times, but I just can't come up with anything worthwhile. I guess maybe I give up too easily, but it's very frustrating working with the APCD sometimes, and my patience runs out. I DID make a comment concurring with milwsteve on another
post that I'd like to see Torrey Pines North done as well....but that's it.

Essentially I act as kind of your "protege" in that I make comments and suggestions after courses are released, mentioning possible changes seen from
MY point of view, whether they mean anything to the designers or the community or not. Just my opinions. You, sir, are the Master Nit-Picker, I am
just adding my two cents ( which I might add , has been taken seriously on occasion ). In addition, I guess I'd like say that I'm kinda an "aesthetics"
or graphics type. I look for the more visual "realism" in a design than the technical ( although playability is definitely a factor as well ).

Ron 'Weeler' Weel
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Wow Weeler...you sound like (dare I say it?) A FELLOW NITPICKER!!! :clapping: :clapping:
I'm a frustrated APCD'er (and becoming more frustrated every day!-but I'm still determined to do my "Tribute to Thompson)

Does anybody know where Matt Henry is? It's his course. I'll be happy to do a quick nitpick to enable him to make it a "Final".

And I think that any Linkster who has played a round would be more than impressed with the houses that he built!

BTW-the view from behind the first green is a great idea! It would be hard to find any serious "nits". :rofl:
Last edited by Jimbo on January 27th, 2022, 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW-has the Farmers' always started on Wednesday? I didn't get me usual PGA Fantasy email warning. :rules:
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

This is a course Sage needs to do he would do a great job with it.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:10 am BTW-has the Farmers' always started on Wednesday? I didn't get me usual PGA Fantasy email warning. :rules:
I heard during the coverage yesterday that they opted for a Saturday finish so as not to conflict with the NFL championship games airing on Sunday.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks for the info...my choices are going to miss the cut anyway! :oops: :wallbash: