View Golf Ball (shots) with Top Cam

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
TexAgs

Re: View Golf Ball (shots) with Top Cam

Post by TexAgs »

TexRanger7 wrote: December 30th, 2020, 5:35 pm Yes, it has Intel chips but it has been fine with several other computers I have had with Intel chips.
Are you using the same computer now that you had the last time you were playing Links? If you are on the exact same computer, and you had ball flight before but not now, then I don't know what to say. But, if you are on a new computer or if you swapped out some major components, then I am going to say the root of the issue is Intel products, and the current configuration of those products is creating conflicts with Links. It's a quirk. The Tech Forum discussion about dgvoodoo may be something to look at.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

It is not an uncommon issue, usually can be fixed I think, except I forgot what the most common solution is...

Did you install the Nvidia patch? (it is not only for Nvidia users): viewtopic.php?p=17#p17

If it is a laptop definitely check out what TexAgs mentioned: viewtopic.php?p=7232#p723
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

Adelade wrote: December 30th, 2020, 9:38 pm If it is a laptop definitely check out what TexAgs mentioned: viewtopic.php?p=7232#p723
Although I've often seen the Intel issue addressed as related to laptops, from personal experience, it does not need to be a laptop for a computer to have problems with Intel.
:dunno:
TexRanger7

Post by TexRanger7 »

"Are you using the same computer now that you had the last time you were playing Links?"

No, it is a new computer.

"Did you install the Nvidia patch? (it is not only for Nvidia users)?"

Yes, I have installed the Nvidia patch.
TexRanger7

Post by TexRanger7 »

Problem solved! I used the suggestions posted here: "If it is a laptop definitely check out what TexAgs mentioned: viewtopic.php?p=7232#p723"

A BIG thank you to all of you who made comments or suggestions. My computer is NOT a laptop but the suggestions solved the problem.
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

Another satisfied customer! GL & Hit'em Straight!
TexRanger7

Post by TexRanger7 »

As a point of clarification in the event someone else has this same difficulty in the future, my computer is NOT a laptop computer. So the suggested fix also works (at least for me) on a regular PC.
daffy022

Post by daffy022 »

Thanks for the tip!

I haven't been able to see the golf ball in the top view in a few years!