Shot Setup

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Jimbo

Shot Setup

Post by Jimbo »

Does anybody use the "Setup" feature in the "Club Box"? Twenty twenty years later... :fear:
pmgolf

Re: Shot Setup

Post by pmgolf »

Really? Does anybody not use the "Setup" feature in the "Club Box"? Have you ever played Links or do you just professionally nit-pick? There may be some who use hot keys, but I would guess that more players use the "setup" feature. I only use it when I drive, hit fairway woods, hit irons, chip, pitch, punch, flop, fade and draw. Never for putting though. :rofl:

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm not talking about the normal "Straight", "Fade" or "Draw". I mean the overrides-the system will perform the usual club face and ball positions but there is a facility to do a manual override to the standard settings. That was what I meant.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I use it all the time when playing powerstroke. In fact, by default all my clubs are set at the flop position, and I adjust for distance required.
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

I don't know if my answer will address your exact concern, but when needed to hit big fades or draws, I select the fade or draw feature and then increase the upper and lower sliders to get the bigger fades or draws. I always select the standard draw/fade then adjust from there. I would say it is not common, but a tool I can use when needed. Same with the ball slider going higher or lower to add or subtract distance - it is sometimes a more exact way to control distance opposed to under or over snapping the top snap mark.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: December 12th, 2020, 12:37 am Does anybody use the "Setup" feature in the "Club Box"? Twenty twenty years later... :fear:
I use it quite a bit. I access it by right-clicking on the swing gauge.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I was looking at the part of the setup that allows you to actually move your feet. That came as a bit of a surprise...if not "overkill", but there's no such thing as "too much of a good thing".
Right!