Pinehurst scorecards

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
bear2016

Pinehurst scorecards

Post by bear2016 »

So does anyone remember when Links came out with score cards for pinehurst number 2 and number 8 with the game? I just found both of those original cards that came with it. :smile:
JimEvers37

Re: Pinehurst scorecards

Post by JimEvers37 »

Bear2016,

Just a few years ago I finally relented and threw the scorecards out after annual pestering from my wife! I think I even got a bag tag from one of the courses that I bought, but don't remember which course it was.

Jim Evers
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I mentioned it in another post but when I'm travelling around (not so much these days) I like to visit a tour course if I'm in the neighbourhood.
I always try to get:
1. A club created shirt and
2. A scorecard

I still have them all but I've been getting "domestic heat" about the cards.
Jim, I hope that you scanned them before you tossed them.
As a fellow Linkster if you send me a PM along with your email address I'll see if I can help, so you can at least have a digital collection.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

That's right, they did give score cards for some of the courses in the original Links boxes, didn't they? I used to have them, but looking in my collection (of several hundred cards from courses in Michigan and other places) I don't see them anywhere. Bummer. :oops:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've just found a treasure trove. It's going to take a while to scan them..BTW, Canadian courses used to publish "Pocket Pro" booklets for their major public clubs like Banff, Jasper and Glen Abbey. I have the set too. If you're looking for a scorecard, post your request here and I'll see what I can do.

BETTER IDEA-why don't I set up a post for scorecards and attach a PDF for each card as I scan it....Andy does that work 4 U?

BTW I just found Pinehurst #2 and #8.
alphington

Post by alphington »

Jimbo wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:37 am I've just found a treasure trove. It's going to take a while to scan them..BTW, Canadian courses used to publish "Pocket Pro" booklets for their major public clubs like Banff, Jasper and Glen Abbey. I have the set too. If you're looking for a scorecard, post your request here and I'll see what I can do.

BETTER IDEA-why don't I set up a post for scorecards and attach a PDF for each card as I scan it....Andy does that work 4 U?

BTW I just found Pinehurst #2 and #8.
:clapping: