Career Mode Question

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
JimEvers37

Career Mode Question

Post by JimEvers37 »

After having gotten back into Links I've been enjoying playing the Real Tournament Seasons, in the 2019 season there was a version of Pebble Beach that I didn't realize I didn't have until I was 2 rounds into the tournament so I went to Withdraw from the Tournament but ended up withdrawing from the whole season. I've been using the same golfer for the 2020 season and have won twice in the season (Rocket Mortgage and US Open [humble brag]) and I'm wondering when I get to the 2021 season, will it recognize those victories and let me play Kapalua and the Masters as I missed both in 2020 season?

Thanks
Jim Evers
Adelade

Re: Career Mode Question

Post by Adelade »

You can win a tournament on "professional" level then withdraw from the season, start a new one on the same golfer and still keep eligibility for Invitational tournaments, I've done it several times, so you should be good on that golfer. Im pretty sure it says your eligibility level somewhere in the Career mode interface, you can check it to be sure. However, individual Invitational tournament can be set to have additional joining requirements such as # times placed in top 10 or requiring a certain minimum season rank, you can check if they do in the season manager.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Adelade,

Thanks for the response, since I only did 5 events the first season and have wins in my second season I wasn't sure if it would know that I was a previous year winner. I didn't check the Masters but I think I needed to be a winner and in the top 50 which I wasn't the week of it. I will check the 2021 season and make sure that I have all of the courses so I don't have a problem with it, I will also make sure what the eligibility requirements are for the majors.

Jim Evers
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

I was getting ready to start the new 2021 season, and being the reigning Rocket Mortgage and US Open champion, plus the Ryder Cup, I figured that I would be allowed into the Tournament of Champions at Kapulua Plantation but alas, does not allow me to enter that tournament. Any ideas of if I can get around this?

Thanks,

Jim Evers