Does Anyone Care About Shorter Tees?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.

Do you like using tees shorter than 6000-6300 yds in Links? (preferably read post first)

Yes, and it is important to me
14%
Yes, but I would begrudgingly be ok with 6372
3%
I'd be fully ok with playing at 6372 but may ideally prefer something shorter.
No votes
Once in a blue moon I might use shorter tees, but I really dont care if they are skipped.
14%
I like the short tees to exist even if I am unlikely to use them myself
34%
Who gives a crap?
14%
I fully agree with skipping the shorter tees in favour of more/better pro tee choices
21%

Total votes: 29

Jimbo

Re: Does Anyone Care About Shorter Tees?

Post by Jimbo »

As they say in politics I believe that I may have misspoken...if you replace my use of the word "tee" with the word "pin" we'll all rest easier.
1. The length of each hole on the "official" club scorecard should be measured from each tee to the middle of the green-and one of the 9 pin positions (preferably 3, 4 or 5) should match the card number.
2. The "lesser" tees can be a useful addition to the game if we create different human players with skills and club distances that correspond to a "lesser" player.
How does that sound?
Jimbo

Re: Does Anyone Care About Shorter Tees?

Post by Jimbo »

Jimbo wrote: October 28th, 2020, 1:43 am As they say in politics I believe that I may have misspoken...if you replace my use of the word "tee" with the word "pin" we'll all rest easier.
1. The length of each hole on the "official" club scorecard should be measured from each tee to the middle of the green-and one of the 9 pin positions (preferably 3, 4 or 5) should match the card number.
2. The "lesser" tees can be a useful addition to the game if we create different human players with skills and club distances that correspond to a "lesser" player.
How does that sound?
I don't know if you APCDers are doing this but here's a suggestion on how to make the hole match what's on the scorecard:

Mark dead centre on the green then measure the "official" club card distance back to the tee. The tee itself doesn't move but once you have established the "official" distance on the card you can then move the other 8 pins anywhere you want-depending on how cruel you want to be-and how you define "Easy", "Moderate" or "Difficult". The "centre pin" can also be used to establish the tees for the other "lesser" card lengths. I'm guessing that you're doing this already...so you cane take this advice as coming from the department of redundancy department.
I think that that's what I meant to say all along!