Chip Shots

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
daffy022

Chip Shots

Post by daffy022 »

I am just getting back into playing Links after a couple years off. I am trying to get the feel for chipping distances again. Does anyone know if there is a practice course that has a flat green to practice chipping onto form both the fairway and the rough?
saramago

Re: Chip Shots

Post by saramago »

Welcome back Daffy,
Try to download The Complex. I think if you choose Chipping only in Practice mode, the greens are flat.
Saramago
Titus

Post by Titus »

yes,
The Complex - and you can also practice long putts, from the fairway or rough into the green (or hole).
daffy022

Post by daffy022 »

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. I thought there was a course that was flat but could not remember the name.

There are some awesome courses that have been released over the last couple years, can't wait to play them.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

daffy022 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 7:39 pm I am just getting back into playing Links after a couple years off. I am trying to get the feel for chipping distances again. Does anyone know if there is a practice course that has a flat green to practice chipping onto form both the fairway and the rough?
Hiya Daffy...

Many moons ago, I had an idea to create a practice course precisely for the reasons you mentioned. It's a small driving range and practice facility designed to practice chips and putts on a perfectly flat range, just so you can get an accurate feel for the distances. You can set up and practice pretty much any type of shot you would ever encounter in Links. Give it a try. You might find it handy to make charts with. I sure did.

Dan

here's the link... https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=119

Enjoy!
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
saramago

Post by saramago »

Indeed, that was the course that inspired my first distance charts, and i never had the opportunity to thank Danny.
Danny, thanks for all your contribution to our community!
:cheers1:
Saramago
dick burt

Post by dick burt »

daffy022
You have a PM...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

saramago wrote: September 25th, 2020, 6:46 pm Indeed, that was the course that inspired my first distance charts, and i never had the opportunity to thank Danny.
Danny, thanks for all your contribution to our community!
:cheers1:
Saramago
Thanks Saramago. Very much appreciated. Glad you found it useful. :tiphat:

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added