Anyone Playing PGA Tour 2K21 ?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Lez Marwick

Re: Anyone Playing PGA Tour 2K21 ?

Post by Lez Marwick »

PGA Tour 2K21 is the latest in 'The Golf Club' series by HB studios. They originally worked on a conversion of one of the Tiger Woods games back in the day. The Golf Club was the game I switched to after Links in 2014. Gamewise it hovered somewhere between the sim of Links and the arcade of Tiger Woods. It was designed for controller based play and I found it an enjoyable game with an xbox 360 controller. What really made it appealing for me though was the Greg Norman Course Designer that came with it, which was so easy and fun to use that I ended up creating around 20 courses for it. It was far more limited than APCD because you couldn't add custom stuff to your course - you were limited to the supplied textures and objects - but apart from that it was an excellent design program, with none of the problems of the APCD and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an easier road into course design. Of the 4 games that I have used course designers on, this was easily the most fun to use. I never played the 2019 version, but I may be tempted to pick this game up sometime in the future when it's in a Steam Sale.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen