Getting Rid of Custom tee positions

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
verspa

Getting Rid of Custom tee positions

Post by verspa »

I am playing in an offline tournament and setup the tournament to play the middle tee position in Season Manager. However, when I start the tournament and check the scorecard the round is playing "CUS" tee position (which corresponds to the back tees). How do I get it to play the tees that I set up?
pmgolf

Re: Getting Rid of Custom tee positions

Post by pmgolf »

Custom tees does not correspond with back tees.

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Did you read my reply to you in this topic before? viewtopic.php?p=4688#p4688

You can doublecheck the setup in the Season Manager to see if it was indeed set to Mid tees or not (remember to check the correct tournament)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
verspa

Post by verspa »

My tournament round was set to MID in Season Manager, but when the round started the scorecard listed CUS and judging by the yardage were all using the Back tees. I would like to know where in the game I can go to correct this. It happens in most of the tournament rounds.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

You do realize that you're giving us almost nothing to go on, right? Tournament round? Offline? Are you playing career mode? Starting your career, or trying to go into the setup after getting several tournaments in to change the tees in one of the rounds? Are you a newbie? Experienced player?

Think about this: it's like you're going into the service department of your car dealership and saying: "Hey! My car is making this boop-boop noise. You got any idea why it's doing that?" Think anyone there will know if you are talking about a tire - or an engine - or a transmission?

Pretend we can't read your mind. Describe your problem, please. :dunno:

Pete
verspa

Post by verspa »

Well Pete,
I have been playing Links for years. Am in Career Mode, setup up a 36 week Tournament with set tee positions for each round, yet once I start playing the tee positions are changed from what I had setup to CUS (which always correspond to the Back tee yardages). I have played many seasons in Links Career mode and it has only been in the last two or three seasons where this has been happening. I hope this is explicit enough for you.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Now you'r talking. Thanks. Maybe someone has had your problem. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few guys who play Links the way you do.

Pete
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Now you'r talking. Thanks. Maybe someone has had your problem. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few guys who play Links the way you do. Just a thought - there are middle tees at the course you want to use - right? Another thought - there aren't any custom tee settings available when the set-up is done - so why does it switch to custom? I'm going to try to set up a middle tee round and see what happens.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Keep in mind that he is talking career mode, Pete
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Hmm I play Career Mode and I am extremely familiar with the fact that you cant even select custom tees in that mode (I've always been disappointed at that), so Im not sure why I didnt think of that earlier. With that in mind I must say this sounds very strange, I've never encountered anything like it, perhaps some file got corrupted or something? In that case a reinstall should solve it but I dont know if you want to go that far or not.

Do you have the Career Mode fix? https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...