Click swing speed, Windows 10

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
AJ Allen

Click swing speed, Windows 10

Post by AJ Allen »

Just wondering if anyone knows why my swing speed would be faster on my new laptop with windows 10, than it is on my old windows 7 one?

I simply cannot get a straight shot and almost everything is slightly sliced. I can get it pretty straight on the green with putting, but off the tee, it's really not much fun. I just can't get the hang of this speed and if I can't find a way to change it I will have to go back to playing links on my old laptop.

Cheers, AJ
chad

Re: Click swing speed, Windows 10

Post by chad »

It might have something to do with your mouse pointer speed. Check that setting out in the Windows Control Panel under Mouse settings. Try lowering that speed and check the Links swing meter again. :cheers1:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

I checked that out, and no difference. Im using the exact same mouse, and tried different ones as well. So I don't think it's anything to do with the mouse settings. Besides, it is the not the actual click that is different... it's the fact that once I click the swing meter goes faster than it used to, so it's harder to get the clicks straight up and down.

Maybe it's something to do with the graphics card, but I don't know enough about hardware to tell.

Cheers, AJ
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

AJ Allen wrote: July 14th, 2020, 6:56 am I checked that out, and no difference. Im using the exact same mouse, and tried different ones as well. So I don't think it's anything to do with the mouse settings. Besides, it is the not the actual click that is different... it's the fact that once I click the swing meter goes faster than it used to, so it's harder to get the clicks straight up and down.

Maybe it's something to do with the graphics card, but I don't know enough about hardware to tell.

Cheers, AJ
Probably a faster CPU with faster clock speeds in the bios, and better hardware in the new laptop. It's probably a more efficient machine and is running much faster and smoother than the older laptop with Win 7. Just guessing. :dunno:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Titus

Post by Titus »

hi,

it definitely has something to do with the hardware and the operating system that is used.

According to LSPN Fourm, there were old AMD graphics cards that made the swing meter very slow, making it very easy to click.

I play with Win10 and the swingweter is (very) fast, it is not easy to hit exactly 12-6. That's why I'm always happy when a course
next to the fairway has some rough. But playable.

When I play Links2003 on my TV, it is impossible to hit the snaps, 12 o'clock is just fine, at 6 o'clock the swing meter runs through to the end and you are always in the wild. By my friend, with other hardware, it all works on TV without problems.

I still have a Vista PC and a Windows 8.1 PC here, maybe I should check whether my Snap is better on an old computer.

Titus
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

There was also some discussion at LSPN about the video refresh rate having an effect on the swing meter. The higher the better. I don't know if I buy it though. The swing speed seems to be an age-old topic with no real solution, other than to never upgrade equipment. That seems to be a little less than practical. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

I just played my first round in a few months and the 2 click swing meter was only going at 79% speed. Links was sending me messages in the chat box telling me so. It was painful trying to swing consistently.

I've never had that issue EVER in all the years I've played. I sat there scratching my head for a couple of hours and then I remembered that I had been trying to squeeze the most out of my 5 year old GTX9800 video card to play the latest games and I had fiddled around with overclocking and G sync.

It turns out all I did was uncheck the G SYNC ON in windows and full screen mode box and left the G SYNC ON in full screen mode only box checked and the swing meter went back to normal
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sandy_Trapp

Post by Sandy_Trapp »

Glad to hear you solved that problem.