Revised 2019-20 PGA TOUR Season schedule

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

• June 8-14: Charles Schwab Challenge, Colonial Country Club, Fort Worth, Texas
• June 15-21: RBC Heritage, Harbour Town Golf Links, Hilton Head, South Carolina
• June 22-28: Travelers Championship, TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, Connecticut
• July 2-5: Rocket Mortgage Classic, Detroit Golf Club, Detroit, Michigan
• July 6-12: John Deere Classic, TPC Deere Run, Silvis, Illinois
• July 13-19: the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide, Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin, Ohio
• July 20-26: 3M Open, TPC Twin Cities, Blaine, Minnesota
• July 27-August 2: World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational, TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee
• July 27-August 2: Barracuda Championship, Tahoe Mountain Club (Old Greenwood), Truckee, California
• August 3-9: PGA Championship, TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California
• August 10-16: Wyndham Championship, Sedgefield Country Club, Greensboro, North Carolina
• August 17-23: THE NORTHERN TRUST, TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts
• August 24-30: BMW Championship, Olympia Fields Country Club (North), Olympia Fields, Illinois
• August 31-September 7: TOUR Championship, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta, Georgia

Courses not yet done in Links:
TPC Twin Cities, Blaine, Minnesota
TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee
TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California---Simplified version done by John Brooks exists
Sedgefield Country Club, Greensboro, North Carolina
I did purposely leave out Tahoe Mountain Club (Old Greenwood), Truckee, California since it is an alternate event to World Golf Tour event.

I enjoyed playing along at last week's tournament at Colonial and hope pmgolf continues to post round conditions along with pin settings each week as billw had done up to this year. Also a few courses are not yet done in Links and it would be nice to see them since each year tournaments are played on them, or in case of TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California this course will host a major this year and has frequently hosted other tournaments in last few years. I write this about possible courses to be done in Links to those with skill ability to do so as these are courses most all Links players have seen before on tv. Beyond just the PGA Tour venues other courses I have mentioned in past as possibly good courses to be designed in Links would be those in top 100 of Golf Digest's latest lists of USA or rest of the world. A couple of the courses are said to be in works by some designers that I have seen mentioned for the schedule listed below.

2020/2021 PGA Tour Schedule (fall portion):
September 7-13: Safeway Open, Silverado Resort and Spa North, Napa, California
September 14-20: U.S. Open, Winged Foot Golf Club, Mamaroneck, New York
September 21-27: Ryder Cup, Whistling Straits, Kohler, Wisconsin
September 21-27: Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship, Corales Golf Club, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
September 28-October 4: Sanderson Farms Championship, Country Club of Jackson, Jackson, Mississippi
October 5-11: Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada
October 12-18: The CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges, Nine Bridges, Jeju Island, Korea
October 19-25: Zozo Championship, Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
October 26-November 1: World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions, Sheshan International Golf Club, Shanghai, China
October 26-November 1: Bermuda Championship, Port Royal Golf Course, Southampton, Bermuda
November 2-8: Houston Open, Memorial Park Golf Course, Houston, Texas
November 9-15: Masters Tournament, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
November 16-22: The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort (Seaside and Plantation), Sea Island, Georgia
November 23-29: Open week (Thanksgiving)
November 30-December 6: Mayakoba Golf Classic, El Camaleón Golf Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
November 30-December 6: Hero World Challenge, Albany, New Providence, Bahamas
December 7-13: QBE Shootout, Tiburón GC, Naples, Florida
December 14-20: PNC Father-Son Challenge, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Orlando, Florida
gene_golf

Re: Revised 2019-20 PGA TOUR Season schedule

Post by gene_golf »

It would seem that change is always happening. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-to ... ment-to-re
The John Deere has been cancelled with a replacement tournament already set up. According to article "The Workday Charity Open will be a full-field event held at Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio beginning July 6. The tour will be at the property back-to-back weeks, as Jack Nicklaus’ Memorial Tournament follows the Workday event. This development was initially reported in early June." Also there is mention that Muirfield Village course will undergo yet more renovations after the back to back tournaments.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

From the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch:
"Other course changes include a handful of new fairway bunkers; part of a total renovation to begin the day after the Memorial ends that includes all new bunkers, rebuilt greens and re-grassed fairways and tees."
No matter where you go, there you are.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

GoBucks wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:36 pm From the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch:
"Other course changes include a handful of new fairway bunkers; part of a total renovation to begin the day after the Memorial ends that includes all new bunkers, rebuilt greens and re-grassed fairways and tees."
This article gives a little more information: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/10/01 ... tions.html
I was hoping that hole #16 might have more slopes added making it more like the one at Augusta and hole #18 might have a better drive than way exists now, but those are not in works it seems.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

gene_golf wrote: June 17th, 2020, 4:59 pm
GoBucks wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:36 pm From the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch:
This article gives a little more information: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/10/01 ... tions.html
I was hoping that hole #16 might have more slopes added making it more like the one at Augusta and hole #18 might have a better drive than way exists now, but those are not in works it seems.
Nice article. i haven't been to the tournament in over 20 years, but, from watching it on the tube, I like when he redid 16. And tv does no justice to the terrain of that course. I would love to stand in the gallery by the 16th to be able to see the "after" compared to how I remember the "before."
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

gene_golf wrote: June 17th, 2020, 8:50 pm The 16th hole was redesigned in 2011. https://www.golfchannel.com/article/gol ... -16th-hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRAH6q23KrI
I know. well after the last time I went to the event. I remember Jack talking about the change. He said it had always been a way to get to #17 from #15 before the change.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Wow, so they =will= play The Masters, good news. I figured that had been scrapped.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Saw watching sports last night Ryder Cup scheduled September 21-27 has been postponed until next year and that sets President's Cup back until sometime to be played in 2022. The week Ryder Cup was to be played this year has a small tournament in Dominican Republic still planned to be played and it is at a course other than Casa de Campo designed by Pete Dye.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Also you can add Torrey Pines North course to the list as they play the Farmers Insurance Group Open there and Torrey Pines South course