Links on Windows 7 Ultimate x64?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
sagevanni

Re: Links on Windows 7 Ultimate x64?

Post by sagevanni »

Not that it matters but you can format any partition to whatever you want and install any windows you have discs for on that partition. You can also install Linux.......you can try anything you like......

This has been my experience.....

Still Linksing, do you know for a fact that all hardware now being shipped with widows 10 is hardwired to the machine...????

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

sagevanni wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:11 pm Still Linksing, do you know for a fact that all hardware now being shipped with widows 10 is hardwired to the machine...????

Sage..... :smile:
Yes Sage. Microsoft have got the hardware manufacturers to jump on board and drop support for anything other than Windows 10. Intel CPU's stopped Win 7 support after Gen 6, they are now at Gen 10. If you are lucky, maybe there are still some CPU's beyond Gen 6 that may function with Win 7. Motherboards are the biggest problem. There really are few ways to get around the issues. You do have to be very computer literate to get the motherboards you can maybe get working to work. I did consider this but the amount of screwing around involved and still no guarantee everything will function well, it's just not worth it so I went with my current Win 10 PC. GPU's are still ok. Maybe not the latest ones (I haven't checked) but that's of no use if you haven't got a CPU and motherboard to go with it.

The only way to futureproof old games is with old hardware. I spent a bunch of time to make sure I looked at everything required to run things beyond my lifetime. My PC's are flexible for running everything I need them to run. A heck of a lot of my current hardware would need to break down before I even need to start considering buying any used components.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

OK, I wasn't aware there were PC's that force you to run Win 10. Is that a package deal, like everything comes in one box? I've only ever built PC's with all custom parts. I forgot to attach that photo of my crummy case, don't look too hard or one of those strapped-on drives might fall off. (Ooops, can't do that anyway, it has to be a link to something online.)
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Oh well.......I have hated microsoft for almost forever now......

If I could get 2-3 of my favorite programs to run on Linux I'd give up windows forever...!!!!!! I was using Linux exclusively for about a year but got homesick for my 2-3 favs.......

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:51 pm OK, I wasn't aware there were PC's that force you to run Win 10. Is that a package deal, like everything comes in one box? I've only ever built PC's with all custom parts. I forgot to attach that photo of my crummy case, don't look too hard or one of those strapped-on drives might fall off. (Ooops, can't do that anyway, it has to be a link to something online.)
Pre-built or custom built, you will be needing Win 10 if you want modern hardware in it. I looked to custom build a modern machine with Win 7 myself but MS have just made it not worthwhile to even attempt it.
There is also the issue if you want to run any modern games. There are quite a few now that will only run on Win 10 and nothing else.
You really are being given no choice.

It is still possible to use older new hardware and build a PC. I recently built a Win XP PC from entirely new components. The PC second from left in my pic is it. This is my prime Win XP PC for use with old games. It's specification for a Win XP machine is incredibly fast as obviously in 2020 hardware components for XP are not as expensive as they were back in the day. Means you can have a PC for XP games that will run XP games maxed at great frame rates. Stuff you could only dream of back in the day. :thumbup:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse