top cam

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
bear2016

top cam

Post by bear2016 »

HI...so i'm having trouble with my top cam. When I open it up its fine. But when I hit the ball it doesn't show up on the screen. And when it does it just shows up for a couple of seconds that's it. Any ideas of what may be causing the issues. Thanks!

Barry
TexAgs

Re: top cam

Post by TexAgs »

Do you have integrated Intel HD graphics?
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

yes I do
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

I have Intel as well and have experienced the same thing, plus other glitches. The best solution for me (and i emphasize, for me) was to go into Device Manager and disable the Intel Graphics and allow the computer to default to the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. When you do this, relaunch Links and it will fail to launch the first time. Relaunch again and it should work just fine using the MBDD. Your computer may not react well to that as a solution. But if you go to the top sticky topic in the Tech Forum there is a thread for additional fixes and discussion for the Intel HD Graphics issue.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

bear2016 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:26 amyes I do
Did you install "dgvoodoo" ? (Its a program that makes older games work better in Windows 10 with integrated graphics) You can Google it to find a download. Be aware that a lot of Virus programs will identify it as a threat, but it's not. It's been a common issue with some Virus companies, probably because it has a scary name. :fear: :smile: I use ESET NOD 32, and it checks it as clean.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

no I didn't download dgvoodoo. Which version do I download they got two different ones out.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

bear2016 wrote: February 26th, 2020, 12:56 am no I didn't download dgvoodoo. Which version do I download they got two different ones out.
I've never needed to use it, so I'm not familiar with different versions and can't offer advice on which one to use. I did go look at it once a couple of months ago, and seems like there was a finished version, and a BETA version. If I had to make the choice, I'd probably go with the completed non-beta version. Perhaps someone else more familiar with it can offer better advice.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

You can get the latest version here: v2.63.1

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

If there are any issues, v2.55.1 is what most people have been using successfully with Links. You can get that version off the same site or from here:

https://mega.nz/#!ZM4VTIoI!VIuL3hSLPJ2M ... 3vjhj10mbE
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

Thank you. I'll try it this afternoon.
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

Can you walk me through on how to use dgvoodoo? I got it downloaded and on my screen. But I don't know where to go from there. Thanks