Is everyone using normal ball size?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Still Linksing

Is everyone using normal ball size?

Post by Still Linksing »

It can be so hard to see. Thinking about changing it.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Danny D

Re: Is everyone using normal ball size?

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: January 10th, 2020, 12:52 pm It can be so hard to see. Thinking about changing it.
I have always used the normal ball size, because it looks the proper size like it would IRL, and it looks more realistic within the scenery. For most of my Links career I used the comet tail. For the past 5 years, I switched to using the tracer on all shots. For some reason, I took a liking to watching the way the ball tracked in flight and on the greens. So at present I use normal size ball with tracking turned on...

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Danny D wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Still Linksing wrote: January 10th, 2020, 12:52 pm It can be so hard to see. Thinking about changing it.
I have always used the normal ball size, because it looks the proper size like it would IRL, and it looks more realistic within the scenery. For most of my Links career I used the comet tail. For the past 5 years, I switched to using the tracer on all shots. For some reason, I took a liking to watching the way the ball tracked in flight and on the greens. So at present I use normal size ball with tracking turned on...

Dan
Danny, I found the solution!!!

I always used normal ball size for the same reasons as you in the past. Now I'm struggling to see it when using the dynamic cam especially. Found it a little odd that something was bugging me that never did in the past. I was on the 12th hole during a round when I posted. Decided to then put on my stronger reading glasses. Problem fixed! :thumbup: :laugh:

My god, old age! My close vision for my age probably is below where it should be possibly due to all the time I spend in front of screens. Long vision I still don't need glasses.

I'll stick with the stronger glasses and normal ball size as I know the bigger ones don't look natural. I can even see the grid now! It was blending in to the green textures on the courses I'm playing and I could not see it properly having to guess putts. With the glasses I can see it. Everything is sharp, textures look great, text is easy to read and my screen is now bigger! I'm not even 50 yet. Wtf does my future hold??? :dunno: :bookh: :laugh:

Tracer I can't use. I always felt it's a bit gimmicky and arcadish. Each to their own.

Original question still stands out of interest and do others also use the tracer?
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I have tracer turned on for dynamic view only. Felt weird at first but quickly got used to it and eventually you dont even think of it as unrealistic or sticking out. Not sure if tracer shows for putts but I have dynamic cam disabled on green. Oh and normal ball size.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Still Linksing wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:29 pm I'll stick with the stronger glasses and normal ball size as I know the bigger ones don't look natural. I can even see the grid now! It was blending in to the green textures on the courses I'm playing and I could not see it properly having to guess putts. With the glasses I can see it. Everything is sharp, textures look great, text is easy to read and my screen is now bigger! I'm not even 50 yet. Wtf does my future hold??? :dunno: :bookh: :laugh:
Ya know the bottoms of those old fashoned Coke bottles...? :scared: You're gonna love it when your glasses get that thick! :fear: (please excuse an old man (73) having a bit of fun with you! :rofl: ) As you age past your current ancientness, your eyes will change very little if you take good care of them. In all probability you will develop Cataracts in your later years, (cloudiness of the eye lens) and when repaired with new lenses, you will have great vision once again.

Oh yeah - I use the normal ball size with the comet tail on all the time.

Pete
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

pmgolf wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:48 pm Ya know the bottoms of those old fashoned Coke bottles...? :scared: You're gonna love it when your glasses get that thick! :fear: (please excuse an old man (73) having a bit of fun with you! :rofl: ) As you age past your current ancientness, your eyes will change very little if you take good care of them. In all probability you will develop Cataracts in your later years, (cloudiness of the eye lens) and when repaired with new lenses, you will have great vision once again.

Oh yeah - I use the normal ball size with the comet tail on all the time.

Pete
Haha, I can see those Coke bottles coming one day! Everything started changing after 40. For anyone here under 40, live it up now. :thumbup:
I'm going to make the most of my glasses discovery and play another round. So much more fun when you can see the game you are playing!
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Normal. My mommy wont let me play with anything that is abnormal! :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Best thing I ever did (for Links only) was purchase a cheap pair of glasses from Walmart with the entire glass made to my Rx bifocal. Way better than my transitional lens.
Normal ball and comet trail.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Last time I checked mine were pretty normal.