Career Mode

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
linksrevisited

Career Mode

Post by linksrevisited »

Hiya All

I have been playing this game for longer than I can remember, but have never played career mode. So excuse the dumb questions

1. Do I have to manually set the tournaments up and how do I create my own season

2. Is there a current European or World Pro Roster

3. Where would I place the said roster on my PC

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Adelade

Re: Career Mode

Post by Adelade »

1. You can manually do it but you dont have to. You can both make a season yourself and make the computer set up random tournaments for it, and also use seasons that Microsoft or other people have made.

2. Im not sure but see below for my recommendation.

3. In the "CAREERMODE" folder for Links, which depending on your computer should most likely be located at either (or both) of these 2 locations or folders (unless you installed Links at a custom place)
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\CAREERMODE
(turn on hidden folders if unable to see AppData. Google can help you if not knowing how to (or ask us here))
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\CAREERMODE

You will find a lot of what you're looking for if you click "Board index" above and scroll down to "Links Career & Career Simulation Downloads", why not for example go with the "Real Tournaments 2020" and "2018-2019 Rosters for Links 2003". You may end up needing to edit the TARGET scores in the roster file to suit your own scoring if it turns out too easy or difficult, or you could move difficulty sliders in the season manager. In Links 2003 Options > Season Manager for making seasons or rosters oneself or edit ones you have gotten.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
linksrevisited

Re: Career Mode

Post by linksrevisited »

Thanks very much for that although, automating a season does not take into account MOD 1.07

Steve