starting over again

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
paul

starting over again

Post by paul »

Just got a new laptop very fast..put links on but no sky, but all that sorted with voodoo. looks fantastic..one little problem..I have all the latest stuff,but when I start in q-school no probs, but the next game sees me as an amateur....not a pro ,is this a problem, or do you have to play a season first..confused.
Adelade

Re: starting over again

Post by Adelade »

You may have to win either a Q-School tournament or an amateur level tournament to rank up your "Level". All I know for sure is that one can access professional-level tournaments after winning a Q-School, and that in order to access Invitational level tournaments one needs to have once ever in that Career won a tournament at Professional level.

Since I have it set up that I very rarely have a chance to win, when starting a new Career I personally use to set up a custom season where winning Q-school then week 2 tournament on pro level is very easy, then withdraw from that season after that and begin my real season.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
paul

Post by paul »

will try that thanks..
paul

Post by paul »

Getting mad now,,,I have tried everything to get with the pros, but to no avail, they are showing in the rosters, I have won Q-school played a game but only with amateurs surely there must be a way to get into pros :helpsmilie:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The Pro roster players play in the tournaments at Professional level. Each new week you select a tournament and see the 4 yellow boxes of events right? Select the tournaments at professional level to play with the Pro roster. They should no longer be blocked by red crosses after you have won a Q-School.

Im otherwise confused as to what you are experiencing, are you playing in Professional tournaments without seeing the correct computer players? Possibly you changed the roster file after starting your Career? Edits to the roster files will only take effect in Careers started after the edits are done. So if this is the issue you need to make a new player or use another existing one (you can always clone your current one) and start a Career with that other player.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

After Q school you need to play all 4 rounds of a pro tournament before you are locked in as a pro player. If you withdraw during those 4 rounds you will have to start over in Q school.
paul

Post by paul »

Looks like I am rocking so far so good thanks for your help :notworthy: don't suppose you live in England???
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Never been there.
paul

Post by paul »

Don't mind me asking,where are you from,by the way Links working great :cheers1:
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

No problem, I'm from Reno. Been playing Links since it began. Glad you got it working!