Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Davefevs

Re: Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 11

Post by Davefevs »

Worth trying the suggestion that @adelade suggests re High DPI - accessed from the compatibility tab when you right click on the short cut / launcher icon.

That resolved the landing page only showing a quarter of the screen.

Once you get past that, if you’re getting frame rate issues then worth searching “voodoo” on this forum. I went from 8-11 fps to 25-30 fps. I’m still bad at hitting the snap, but that’s my fault!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

froghair22 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:24 pm I guess having an Intel processer is not good based on your assessment.
Hi frog... It's not specifically the "Intel Processor" that is the problem with Links, Links has trouble with "Intel Integrated Graphics" in either your CPU Processor or your motherboard. If you have any "Intel Integrated Graphics" on your computer, you will need to install special patches to hopefully get a fix for it. I'm sorry, but I don't know which patches solve which problems. The other guys can help you through it I'm sure...

Good luck, :tiphat:

Dan
Last edited by Danny D on November 29th, 2022, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
froghair22

Post by froghair22 »

Thanks Dan, that makes sense. I have tried everything I have been alerted too and none of them work. Maybe I can get there with this info. Good luck - FrogHair
gator

Post by gator »

frog,

Here is a link to the program that has helped numerous people work past the Intel integrated graphics issues - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788.

We avoid using the actual name of the program on this site as it has caused issues with, I believe, the host of the forum. You will note that the admin of the forum has the link to the program and not the forum itself.

Leo
dko

Post by dko »

I'm on Windows 11 with Intel integrated graphics and Links works very well for me. After many failed attempts, I finally did exactly what gator suggested and have had no issues.
Doug