Links not opening on windows 11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Titus

Re: Links not opening on windows 11

Post by Titus »

morvio100 wrote: September 20th, 2022, 2:43 pm Intel® UHD Graphics 770...right clcik on that and disable it ....run the game ...if it dont run...check the vod..voo sceenshots..match them....if doesnt run....THEN delete the v..doo config ...and see how you go...
Where can I find this - it is not in the device manager,
HDMI cable away is not enough
morvio100 wrote: September 20th, 2022, 2:43 pm the likely problem was ...you didn.t disable one of the cards at the start of all this lol...best of luck...good old Titus... :clapping:
then that would be nice :scared: I've never had a CPU with internal graphics
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Your voo. doo... settings are wrong Titus...copy my settings from my screenshots...and see how you go...also follow the instruction after altering your vod,,oo settings...regards deleting the config file....1 copy settings...2 try run the game 3 if doesn.t start 4 go to main directory and delete the file...someone else will have to take over from here...best of luck...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

"Where can I find this - it is not in the device manager,
HDMI cable away is not enough"...no idea what that is suppose to mean.....go to device manager ...under display adapters...if you have 2 (as you stated you do)....if you have intergrated 770...itll be listed under display adapters...right click on it and select disable devvice...2 if the nvidia 3080 is there (assuming you have up to date drivers)...make sure that is enabled....ps post a screenshot of what is listed under display adapters...I give up...best of luck Titus..... :wallbash:
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello,

a picture of the my device manager is above, only the RTX3080 is displayed.

I need some time to process all suggestions.

But at the moment I can only start the game once in 800x600 16bit and that with the RTX3080 or with the dgVoodoo patch.
I then do nothing and close Links2K3, after that the game can no longer be started.
It seems to me that Links2K3 is saving something, which leads to the error or crash.

When starting LinksLauncher.exe this error is displayed –

ERROR : FAILED (0x887700fa - DPERR_UNAVAILABLE) - InitializeConnection( Provider=MODEM Modem="" Phone number="" )
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Dump win 11 and go back to 10 if possible. Or get a cheap older comp off ebay or something like that with win 7 or XP. I don't think a lot of people will ever be able to run Links on a win 11 or beyond piece of CRAP OS....................

Sage.............. :fear:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

sagevanni wrote: September 21st, 2022, 1:16 pm Dump win 11 and go back to 10 if possible. Or get a cheap older comp off ebay or something like that with win 7 or XP. I don't think a lot of people will ever be able to run Links on a win 11 or beyond piece of CRAP OS....................

Sage.............. :fear:
With all due respect, I'm one that has successfully been running Links on W11 since November of last year If you have a dedicated Video card, It can be accomplished in a handful of easy steps.
No matter where you go, there you are.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I did not say Nobody can not run Links on win 11.
It just does not look like Titus is having the good fortune you are GoBucks.
I've been watching this thread from the beginning and NOTHING has been working for poor old Titus.

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

sagevanni wrote: September 21st, 2022, 2:46 pm I did not say Nobody can not run Links on win 11.
It just does not look like Titus is having the good fortune you are GoBucks.
I've been watching this thread from the beginning and NOTHING has been working for poor old Titus.

Sage....... :cheers1:
Titus is indeed struggling. It almost seems as though his dedicated nvidia card is not being recognized.
No matter where you go, there you are.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Delete the v..doo..file in the main Links2k3 dir Titus....love this thread..its like reading the funny pages...good old Titus...this thread is becoming like a bad scene from Lord of the Rings...best of luck Titus.... :fcrossed:

ps...dont start the game with linklauncher...start it with LinksMMIII.exe(make sure LinksMMIII.exe - is set to win 7 compatibilty mode)
Boot

Post by Boot »

froghair22 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 12:58 am I recently got a new computer that has Windows 11, tried installing Links2k3 with the current 1.07 & Nvidia patches & I can't get it to open. Anyone else having problems playing on Windows 11? Maybe a setting or something, been playing Links since the old Access days before Microsoft took over, any suggestions are welcomed -thank you.
I've done some searching on this as I'm about to buy a new computer. I posted earlier there was some user who said Links 2003 is dead as it will not work on a new computer. He was very certain and seemed to understand all the tech side of the problem. There are also a couple of other threads I found here in which people have the latest computers and could not run the game either. It leads me to believe the Links is dead comment to be accurate. The user had created a complex fix but is not publicly sharing.
I was going to pass my current PC to my grandson but think I will hold onto it so I can keep playing Links. I'm expecting Links will not run on the new computer. Letting you all know what I came across.