Links not opening on windows 11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Daniel

Re: Links not opening on windows 11

Post by Daniel »

Hi guys you can get all the patches here at the Tigercats Golf Tours Website. https://www.tigercats-golf.club/downloads.html
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

To Golfbucks, Adelaide and the dozens (I'm pretty sure it was dozens) of my fellow Linksters, all I can say right now is...

...wait for it...

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

I know that I was a pain in the ass, but we all loved every minute of it (didn't we?) :scared: :scared: :rules: :rules: :fear: :fear: :tomato: :wallbash:
As I promised, no nitpicking until the New Year (unless any designers are masochistic and really want to see "NP" before then).

Anyway, I'm proud and (maybe relieved is a better word) to say that Links still works on my Windows 7 clunker.
It's 3 AM here on the island, so I'm headed to bed, I'll start reloading the other Goodies tomorrow (today) and maybe I'll take another stab at APCD...Sage and Brooksie, you wisely stayed away from my "little problem", so the Nitpicker may end up becoming a Nitpickee...but that's for later.

Once again merci beaucoup, Mîkwêc (we're are a bilingual country, but if we have any aboriginal Linksters, thank you too!)
We're back in business, and if I encounter this problem again...I'll bug you just for the hell of it!

Now I have to find my backup disc...don't worry-I won't bug you for that one!

It's a day late for Americans and a month late for us Canucks but Thanksgiving sure works.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

:clapping: :clapping: ...Well done Jimbo...ya got there in the end...!!!...@Jimbo"Everybody will get a digittal drink!".....Brandy(Hennesey) with ice/ = digitally a 20 dollar steam voucher..... I jest :laugh: maybe donate via Paypal 10.000 dollars for old Andy's next holiday - which is in 2/3 weeks I think...I jest :laugh: lol.... :thumbup:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Do you know what fixed it, Jimbo?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm glad that you asked...

1. Swear
2. Have a drink
3. Check the website to see if anybody else is having trouble
4. Say something inappropriate to the computer
5. Have a drink (make it a double)
6. Go to bed

7. Repeat as necessary
8. Reinstall Links
9. Try to install patches
10. Have another drink because you screwed the patches
11. Spend 3 weeks at the hospital with 3-count ‘em-three things that happened all at once and only one of which was my fault

12. Go home and enjoy a good meal…and decide to hold off on the whisky and see if that helps-it did
13. Re-read Daniel’s post about patches and realize that I had done something really stupid and that my fellow Linksters were probably getting a little pissed
14. Re-installed the patches
15. HURRAY!!!
16. It’s 3 in the morning (time flies when you’re fixing Links)
17. Have one last shot (I don’t mean golf) and off to bed, trying not to disturb my wife
18. Disturbed my wife
:oops:
Guys, after this amount of “down time” and with a small injury I’m practically going to have to "re-learn" the game…and it would be easier if I could find the backup…but since I’m a hoarder I still have all the originals and now that we have a master list so I can "edit out" some real course duplicates.
:wallbash:
Thanks again.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

:fcrossed:
Just a clarification. I am returning to Links after many years. I just purchased the Links 2003 Combo Pack and all 47 add-on courses from the Pro Shop. #1 says install Links. Is this the Links 2003 that I just purchased or 2001?

GoBucks wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:07 pm This is the method I use. Has worked every time regardless of OS.

Having to re install Links
Simple, follow these steps in order.

1 install Links
2 install v1.02
3 install v1.05
4 install v 1.07
5 install links NVIDIA patch
6 install lspn crash fix
7 install LSPN_MAIN_L2K3
Procedure,
Place all the files in the links main folder (including RuKsHuk.exe).
To install the patches, just double click on them, it will be done automatically.
Good luck, see you on the tees.
Robert (aka Obelix)

NB: LSPN_MAIN will set the proper IP within Links to play ON-LINE

Hope it works for you.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Yes. The upgrade to v1.07 and the Nvidia patch are available at the Pro Shop also.

What kind of a system are you installing it on?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Someone get that guy Jimbo a HBO comedy special.(or buy him a double brandy)...that post brightened my day...lol...

"I'm glad that you asked...

Jimbo
1. Swear
2. Have a drink
3. Check the website to see if anybody else is having trouble
4. Say something inappropriate to the computer
5. Have a drink (make it a double)
6. Go to bed

7. Repeat as necessary
8. Reinstall Links
9. Try to install patches
10. Have another drink because you screwed the patches
11. Spend 3 weeks at the hospital with 3-count ‘em-three things that happened all at once and only one of which was my fault

12. Go home and enjoy a good meal…and decide to hold off on the whisky and see if that helps-it did
13. Re-read Daniel’s post about patches and realize that I had done something really stupid and that my fellow Linksters were probably getting a little pissed
14. Re-installed the patches
15. HURRAY!!!
16. It’s 3 in the morning (time flies when you’re fixing Links)
17. Have one last shot (I don’t mean golf) and off to bed, trying not to disturb my wife
18. Disturbed my wife
:oops:
Guys, after this amount of “down time” and with a small injury I’m practically going to have to "re-learn" the game…and it would be easier if I could find the backup…but since I’m a hoarder I still have all the originals and now that we have a master list so I can "edit out" some real course duplicates.
:wallbash:
Thanks again.

:cheers1: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

GoBucks wrote: July 17th, 2023, 10:17 am Yes. The upgrade to v1.07 and the Nvidia patch are available at the Pro Shop also.

Dell
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0
Product ID 00355-60694-89527-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Video: NVIDA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Penguin wrote: July 17th, 2023, 10:46 pm
GoBucks wrote: July 17th, 2023, 10:17 am Yes. The upgrade to v1.07 and the Nvidia patch are available at the Pro Shop also.

Dell
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0
Product ID 00355-60694-89527-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Video: NVIDA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
Seems like a slightly newer version of my XPS. My cpu is an 11th Gen.
If you follow those instructions, you should have no problems.