Links on Windows11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
jackdanielz80

Links on Windows11

Post by jackdanielz80 »

I am having trouble installing & playing Links2k3 on Windows11. Any suggestions? Thanks
Adelade

Re: Links on Windows11

Post by Adelade »

We could use some more information about your troubles in order to give you a good answer. For example:

Is it the CD or the Download version of Links?

What exact step of the process is giving you troubles?

Are there any error messages?

Have you installed the 1.07 patch and the Nvidia patch?

Have you tried compatibility mode?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

I used the cds, pasted all of the current patches, when the game shows up on the screen, it is partially showing (about half of the screen) and lagging big time. I am not familiar with the compatibility mode, how do you get to that? I appreciate your help Adelade, thanks.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

First of all I noticed you said you pasted the patches. You do not paste them you have to run them by clicking on the patch icon. So first of all if you did paste them run them and see if that helps you. Then get back to the forum.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah what Daniel said might fix it (if it does, just ignore this message).

If it doesnt, there are at least two things you can try that might do the trick - compatibility settings or the registry edit for display mode. For now I will explain the compatibility one, which is what I would have tried first of the two, if it was me:

Go to your regular Links folder (unless you chose a default install location for Links, this is commonly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003 ), then right click the LinksMMIII.exe file , choose "Properties", then press the "Compatibility" tab. There you can try various things, for example a popular one is to try compatibility mode for Windows 7, another is to Run as Administrator. For your particular problem, I highly recommend testing Change High DPI settings > High DPI scaling override. After choosing the compatibility settings make sure you apply them, then start a fresh session of Links and check if it fixed the problem. Otherwise let us know and someone will guide you on the registry edit (also let us know the resolution of your monitor)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...