RTS

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
cloeks1

Re: RTS

Post by cloeks1 »

I've been using PS for ever and found same problems as you. lately I have been rebooting my computer right before I start my game and the mouse responds lots better. Maybe not as good as a serial mouse but close.
MrT

Post by MrT »

A lot of admiration for PS players. I truly never understood how it is supposed to work. I tried it during the first days after I started playing Links again, but really do not understand what I am supposed to do and get the most erratic shots. So I picked RTS, instead.

I had a feeling that old mice might have been better, but as you said, on new machines serial ports are rarer and rarer. I have one but I need it for my headset so I can play with volume at full blast and not scare my wife! Or the dog!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

How about this one? Club tips.

Least consistent club with RTS: SW

Most consistent clubs with RTS: 3i, 7W, 7i, 8i, 9i

Clubs that may let you down (RTS): Full 5i over water or when trying to clear a bunker, 3W goes too far more often than it comes up short, 5W with 4 clicks of loft frequently comes up short, Full 6W will occasionally go too far, 1i frequently goes too far, 2i needs more concentration than normal, 4i is OK but not as consistent as the 3i, 6i is just ok, PW frequently comes up short with full elevation and it is not very dependable on getting your full yardage otherwise.

7i -10 clicks of loft: 190 yds (carry = 174)
8i -10 clicks of loft: 176 yds (carry = 162)
9i -10 clicks of loft: 166 yds (carry = 157)
PW -10 clicks of loft: 154 yds (carry = 147)
LW -10 clicks of loft: 127 yds (carry = 119)

Ball is 30 to 45 feet from the edge of the green and elevated 30 to 45" - use a 30 to 40 foot PW chip and skip the ball up to the hole - but don't hit the chip too hard!

Pete