Spots before my eyes

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
AdamL

Spots before my eyes

Post by AdamL »

A little question if I may.

On display of the ball landing (2K3 V1.07) I see little white spots like landed balls already on the floor before the ball lands. Is this normal, or is it me that's not normal? :fear:
Adelade

Re: Spots before my eyes

Post by Adelade »

It is a bug with the dynamic cam that might not have any fix, so as a player you probably just have to accept it (or else stop using the dynamic cam). Possibly there might be some hardware and/or setting that eliminates the issue, but my guess is that there isn't.

In the dynamic cam, single pixels of the course's mesh here and there become transparent and show the background instead, which is normally the panorama, and panoramas are usually mostly similar colours to most of the course's textures (varying shades of green) so then they blend in and one doesnt really notice them. When viewing angles are steeper however (i.e. from high to low), the panoramas dont always extend far enough down to become the background, and then you instead see the default base sky colour of Links (not sky files, since those dont extend that far down either), which is a very pale blue, in some resolutions and viewpoints they look very similar to golf balls. The issue is somewhat more noticeable on some courses than others due to differing colours and panoramas (and maybe mesh structure effects it too), but it happens on all courses as far as I know.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
AdamL

Re: Spots before my eyes

Post by AdamL »

Answers the question, thanks for the info.