Good & bad news playing on windows 11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
dpang2836

Re: Good & bad news playing on windows 11

Post by dpang2836 »

Just a couple of questions. Did you install off the Original CD, or a download from here, which they give a bunch more Courses with it? Reason I ask is off Original, then you need a couple of updates, which deal with Video Card Problems. Updates were included in the download from Links, so not needed. My New Tower is like your All in One, with a Video Card Soldered Onboard the Motherboard, which don't like our Golf!!!! I was lucky to have a Slot for another Card, and that it works. Hang in there, I will look around for a USB Video Card and maybe send one to you. Where do you live (State)?
Dana
dpang2836

Post by dpang2836 »

No luck on a USB Video for an All in One. They require a Monitor to hook up to. Searched a few Posts and USB stuff is messing up starting Golf. It's obvious you need USB Mouse and Keyboard, if not Wireless, like you should have. Anything else plugged into USB should be taken out, per Andy. the Tech Guy Here.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thank Goodness for Windows 7! :rofl: :thumbup:
dpang2836

Post by dpang2836 »

Jimbo, you don't use Window's 7 for the Internet, do you? I have a Back-up on my All in One Windows 8, just in case of Problems with Win 11. New Computer needed a Video Card Update. 18 years and the best Graphics I have had. Happy New Year! :kicking: Dana
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: December 30th, 2021, 1:05 am Thank Goodness for Windows 7! :rofl: :thumbup:
There are no issues with Windows11 and Links. At least that has been my experience thus far. It seems as though the issue is hardware and Links.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Not to worry-I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Links in on my Windows 7 dinosaur (but it has a huge monitor)!😁
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

GoBucks wrote: December 30th, 2021, 12:20 pm
Jimbo wrote: December 30th, 2021, 1:05 am Thank Goodness for Windows 7! :rofl: :thumbup:
There are no issues with Windows11 and Links. At least that has been my experience thus far. It seems as though the issue is hardware and Links.
Thanks for your help, I will keep on plugging until I can figure it out - Jack
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Just a Note: Yes, no problem playing Links 2003 with Windows 11, However, there are numerous other issues with it. My main concern is each update Microsoft removes easy to use features from Control Panel and hides them deep in various obscure areas of Settings (apparently Microsoft's plan is to soon remove Control Panel). Last Wednesday's W11 update removed me as Administrator, and the only way to reinstate myself as Administrator was to use the "Advanced Features" which is tricky if you are an average user. For more detailed info on Microsoft's plan for Win 11 check the "Problem's with Win 11" posts on the Internet. :wallbash: :rant: :mad: :wallbash:

Dave - using Win 11 :pcwhack:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Sandy_Trapp

Post by Sandy_Trapp »

I had the same problem with my new computer until I found out that I had plugged my HDMI cable into the computer which made it use the onboard graphics ( which I didn't know it came with). AFter I plugged it into my video card, all was well.
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

Okay Sandy, I am almost computer illiterate. Please explain to me how I can plug a HDMI cable into a video card & where they are. Thank you for your patience, Old Jack