Links not opening on windows 11

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
pmgolf

Re: Links not opening on windows 11

Post by pmgolf »

I've got the fix! You need to replace your RUKSHUK.exe file with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyajq2nge0ofz ... 2.zip?dl=0

The old rukshuk.exe is in your \Links 2003\ folder. Change the name of it to OLDrukshuk.exe, and then put the one you just downloaded into the \Links 2003\ folder. Then do 3 things. Start Links, start a round, and come back here and report what happened. The downloaded rukshuk.exe file turns off the request for inserting a disk.

Pete
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

Now more problems, every time I click on the Links icon it says to insert disc1 again. Jeezalou, I am so screwed up, I almost wish my wife had not bought me this new computer for our 51st anniversary. Help again, please!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

This the date and time for the correct RuKsHuK.exe file. If yours isn't the same then that is the problem.
s_080.jpg
s_080.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
I've forgotten, did you use downloaded files to install Links, or old CD's or DVD's?

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

If I step on anyone's toes, I apologize. I'm running Links on Windows 11 successfully. Using the steps that I posted on the 1st page of this thread, it installed and was playable in a short amount of time. It did install it in the Program Files (x86) directory, which I have heard can create some issues(I've never experienced them). You do have the option of installing it in any directory you choose.

Here is the link to my original post in this thread. viewtopic.php?p=12664#p12664

I'm not about to say that my method works better than others. It has worked for me with Vista,W7,W10, and now W11.
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

pmgolf wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:12 pm This the date and time for the correct RuKsHuK.exe file. If yours isn't the same then that is the problem.

RuKsHuK.exe 8/2/2002 1:12 pm [[ WTF is your date/time ]]

I've forgotten, did you use downloaded files to install Links, or old CD's or DVD's?

Pete
Don't go opening another thread! Answer the questions in this one, and post them here! Last chance if you want my help! :wallbash:

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:12 pm

Pete
You didn't forget. He never said.
No matter where you go, there you are.