Hidden gems

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
cloeks1

Hidden gems

Post by cloeks1 »

A couple years ago, after playing links forever, I enabled "profile camera" to see what it was. Today, I don't like playing without it. A few days ago, wanting to try something new, I tried EZ swing and it was more fun than I thought it would be. I still don't understand the short game in EZ swing but I'll figure it out. Another problem I had was, sometimes with the view I had, I couldn't put the aiming marker where I wanted. Today I noticed top view had a little green target icon. This icon changes the center of the top view. Using this fixed the problem I had with the aiming marker.
Links has so many settings and options I'm sure there are lots more neat features I haven't used. Anyone else know of some "Hidden Gems" and would like to share?
RobV

Re: Hidden gems

Post by RobV »

I'm not sure how many use this or if it truly "hidden", but if you have a mouse with a center wheel and before hitting your shot, press down on your mouse wheel and it brings an additional menu to pick your clubs. I've always liked that feature..
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I like that you can print print scorecards, and other things to a text file and import them to a spreadsheet program.
Bit Left

Post by Bit Left »

True confessions? Only by following the Links 2003 Facebook group - Maurizio Tiso - do I now know about the Options > Graphics Settings > Dynamic Camera - Show Smart View. Doesn't work in RTS - something they actually tell you if you have your 'info' setting selected, but works for me in the Two Click World. I haven't crashed a game so far (two played) with it on, so I am assuming it's not a resource hog. And still more to learn...