Course conditions for greens

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Mootz

Course conditions for greens

Post by Mootz »

Using the classic swing, selecting course conditions with green speed and hardness as challenging seems ridiculous. Ball roll all over the place if you miss the putt. I do not know of any real golf course that have greens like that.
PinHi

Re: Course conditions for greens

Post by PinHi »

Find and use conditions that you enjoy. That`s what golf is all about - to have fun. My thoughts. :smile:
Adelade

Re: Course conditions for greens

Post by Adelade »

Mootz wrote: November 18th, 2021, 3:11 pmBall roll all over the place if you miss the putt. I do not know of any real golf course that have greens like that.
Augusta National at the Masters? :smile: But yes, there are many Links courses where many pins are not fun to play on challenging conditions, scout out custom pins that are on realistic slopes for pins and the experience becomes a completely different one :yes: On the faster of the challenging conditions you definitely need to putt carefully though, if being used to non-challenging green speeds, inevitably you will be used to banging putts below 10 feet in really hard because you easily get away with it in Links, at least on Pro+Classic. If you tried that in real life on PGA tour greens, without it being an uphill putt and you miss the cup, you will definitely go very far beyond the hole.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...