POLL: What OS for your Links 2003?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.

What operating system(s) do you use?

Windows 10
64%
Windows 7
28%
Windows 8
2%
Windows XP
2%
Windows Vista
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 47

Still Linksing

POLL: What OS for your Links 2003?

Post by Still Linksing »

Below are the stats to show how many people are using each Windows operating system over the past 12 months.

I'm personally using Windows 10, 7 and XP.
Windows 10 is currently my Links 2003 PC.
Windows XP is for my older Links LS versions.

Long live XP I say! I love it and will use it till the end of time. :clapping:
Windows 10 really sucks and always will imo! :laugh:

Windows 10...........69.62%
Windows 7............25.49%
Windows 8.............3.83%
Windows XP............0.96%
Windows Vista.........0.10%
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
PinHi

Re: POLL: What OS for your Links 2003?

Post by PinHi »

Windows 8.1 what I am using and works great! :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

PinHi wrote: May 16th, 2021, 2:01 am Windows 8.1 what I am using and works great! :smile:
You'll likely start getting warning messages next year to upgrade to Win 10. Support for Win 8 runs out 2023 and they start sending messages a year beforehand. Doesn't mean you have to stop using it. Google how to get rid of the nags once they start.

Hope I won't be the only one to click Win XP! :laugh:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Links 2003 and APCD have always worked well for me on Windows 10, with no issues :thumbup:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Win10 with no issues.
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Windows 10 on my newer AMD desktop and Windows 7 on my previous intel desktop, which I use as my backup PC.

Has anyone else taken note of Microsoft's change in attitude since the release of Windows 10? Your computer has now become "their" computer, and they're going to update it and make changes to it however they want and whenever they want, regardless of what you say. If you have an iPhone, their attitude is eerily similar. "They" (Apple) are going to update it and change it however they see fit. After updates from Microsoft and Apple are applied, I spend sometimes hours removing and neutralizing the new "features" that are being forced on me. Microsoft, take your "Edge" and stick it! I'll continue using Google Chrome!

Pete
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

pmgolf wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:58 pm Your computer has now become "their" computer
Exactly Pete. It's all about controlling the consumer. Why do you think they gave it away for free and still do? They want everyone on it and the sooner the better. Their profits come from so many different sources once they have people on Win 10. They profit far more from this than the sale of the operating system itself.

If you're tech savvy you can shut down whatever you don't want. The biggest issue is once you are on Win 10, you have to follow the MS path. MS, software and hardware companies now control how long you can use something for and when you will have to pay again to continue use. Many companies are now working with MS to force consumers to move forward if they want to or not.

If you like old software and old games, Win 10 really sucks. The old games that do function on Win 10 it's just a matter of time before they do not. Only way around it is to continue to use old hardware and old operating systems. This is what I have done. While Win 10 and my modern hardware is actually the best for Links 2003 today, I am ready for when the day comes Links no longer functions under Win 10.

As soon as Win 10 was released I started setting myself up to make sure MS would not control my PC future as I like my old games and software too much. My Win XP PC is already packed with games that no longer function well or do not function at all under Win 10. Links 2003 is simply not on the list yet. Links LS 2000 however certainly is a casualty of Win 10.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

It's all about the elite and control.......always think about in those terms with government and BIG business and you will understand everything.

1st comes the money ( that they steal from us )
2nd comes power
3rd comes control

Sage..... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

sagevanni wrote: May 16th, 2021, 3:06 pm It's all about the elite and control.......always think about in those terms with government and BIG business and you will understand everything.

1st comes the money ( that they steal from us )
2nd comes power
3rd comes control

Sage..... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
When they start messing with my fav games I get angry! :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

I hope everyone's PC's hold out for a while yet.

I've been looking at PC pricing and it is off the charts atm. There is a huge GPU shortage and other components may follow. It's not just GPU's and the latest components, everything gaming has gone up considerably including used stuff on eBay.
I purchased a GTX 1660 Super not long ago. It's currently sitting at double the price and more. Insane!
Golf Sim Clubhouse