Walks and Pins

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
DNL

Walks and Pins

Post by DNL »

Anyone know how to just "Walk" a course?
Also, anyone know how to set a course so the flags are always left in for putting?
:surrender:
GoBucks

Re: Walks and Pins

Post by GoBucks »

DNL wrote: April 20th, 2021, 2:53 pm Also, anyone know how to set a course so the flags are always left in for putting?
:surrender:
There is no setting for this in the game.
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

DNL wrote: April 20th, 2021, 2:53 pm Anyone know how to just "Walk" a course?
You can pretty much walk a course in Practice mode. Place the cursor on the ball, pick it up and move it where you want and set it down. You can hit it from that spot - several times if you want - and then go find another spot to try out. You can look around at everything.

In the "Practice" settings, select "Custom Pins", and when you go into the pins settings click on the "Show all pins" checkbox, and you will be able to see where all the pin settings are on each green.

Course designers use these features to check out their courses.

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

When I'm nitpicking I do it in practice mode. You can "walk on water" and see how far "out of bounds you can get before you reach "the end of the world". :laugh:
DNL

Post by DNL »

pmgolf wrote: April 20th, 2021, 8:21 pm
DNL wrote: April 20th, 2021, 2:53 pm Anyone know how to just "Walk" a course?
You can pretty much walk a course in Practice mode. Place the cursor on the ball, pick it up and move it where you want and set it down. You can hit it from that spot - several times if you want - and then go find another spot to try out. You can look around at everything.

In the "Practice" settings, select "Custom Pins", and when you go into the pins settings click on the "Show all pins" checkbox, and you will be able to see where all the pin settings are on each green.

Course designers use these features to check out their courses.

Pete
Thanks Pete - I never knew that about picking up the ball. In practice mode I was able to walk all over the place in some HD courses very efficiently. Such Fun!

- Drew