Career mode: do you play alone?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
jurg48

Re: Career mode: do you play alone?

Post by jurg48 »

alphington wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:21 am Am I right in thinking that the only time player photos are used is when an animation is active for the player?
I would definitely say that Links players utilize these photos for various reasons. As far as I am concerned however, I only use them for the real pros that I have created and that are active in my Pro Roster. As of this moment I have the current top 200 pros listed in the roster but only 55 of those actually are players that are associated with available Anis. Don't really feel like creating 200 actual computer players, for obviouus reasons. I discovered many years ago that with the L2K3 platform you can Add-On yourself to death with everything that is available. Enhancements are always appreciated but my interests mainly lie with quality course design.Quality, meaning great use of texture blending regarding bunkers, fairways, collars and greens. Lastly, is the design unique and imaginative? :whistle:
alphington

Re: Career mode: do you play alone?

Post by alphington »

I would definitely say that Links players utilize these photos for various reasons. As far as I am concerned however, I only use them for the real pros that I have created and that are active in my Pro Roster.
Thanks jurg, that's how I plan to use the photos as well. Like you I have created a pro roster with pretty much the top current guys. I've allocated most players one or another 'generic' type ani (like anipro1) but as a new player I'm not even sure if I will play with a partner in career mode as above discussions mention disadvantages. But if I do then it should look passable along with the player pic. Yes, I've noticed the Add-on everything issue and have tried not to go overboard on getting every last one! All the best for your design work.