AI can't drop ball

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Grim Grim

AI can't drop ball

Post by Grim Grim »

Skeleton Coast match play in career mode myself and (Russell Hunter) the AI even and replaying the 18th. AI splashes into water near green and has to take a drop. Unfortunately, the drop area is too close to the water and the ball lands on the dashed yellow drop area outline. Pop-up box "DROP...You must drop inside the dashed line"...AI drops again same result and again and again. Game stuck in a loop with me two shots up and a 7.5ft. putt to win.
I'm happy to leave the game running like this in the background until anybody can suggest a way out. :bookh:
Grim Grim

Re: AI can't drop ball

Post by Grim Grim »

OK, I couldn't wait that long, but decided to use Task Manager to terminate game in the hope that Links 2003 would register an incorrect termination and offer to resume the game, which it did. The game resumed with the AI repeatedly dropping its ball to the accompaniment of the aforementioned pop-up. This time, however, after several drops, the ball bounced back into the water and the AI was able to drop it into the rough and chip onto the green and sink the putt. I now had four attempts to take my 7.5ft. putt. I only took one to win the match ... Not so, according to Links 2003 I came second and walked off with prize money of £300,00 while Russell Hunter waltzed away with £1,000,000, the match win and probably my trophy as well. :fear: :scared: :banned: :ill: