Links 2003 patches (1.02, 1.05, 1.07, nVidia) available here

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Links Corner

Links 2003 patches (1.02, 1.05, 1.07, nVidia) available here

Post by Links Corner »

Download here

https://linkscorner.org/files/patches/Links_107.zip

v1.07 Changes
-------------------
- Widescreen support has been added including HD resolutions
- Integration of MOD (v1.06) settings now known as Challenging conditions.
- New Gusty wind option
- Ability to use a course designer's physics for a particular course instead of the normal conditions.
- Custom tees are now available. You can determine which tees you want to use on each hole
- Ability to use custom clubs. New club models have been included in this patch
- Ability to use custom skies.
- Microsoft has removed support for the in-game MatchMaker so support for Direct Connection has been turned on for LTS/LTF and the Links Tour(LSPN).
- Introduction of LTF Tournaments for offline tour operators. For information on the Email Tourney PHP API, please visit http://www.lspn.net/eAPI/ - Site to be up soon.
- Added an option of allowing or disallowing chipping on the green
- Fixed a problem in Links Tour (LSPN) events where alternate courses were not found properly
- Fixed a few other bugs in the game that were found while working on the update.

I'm sure all of us here at Links Corner would wish to thank Mark, Andrew and the rest of the team for all their hard work. :thumbup:

The v1.02 patch can be found here: https://linkscorner.org/files/patches/L ... tch102.zip

The v1.05 patch can be found here: https://linkscorner.org/files/patches/l ... _final.zip

The nVidia patch can be found here: https://linkscorner.org/files/patches/L ... aPatch.zip

dlynch67

Re: Links 2003 patches (1.02, 1.05, 1.07, nVidia) available here

Post by dlynch67 »

I'm going to install Links 2003 on my new laptop after playing for years on my old HP. When I go to add the patches (1.02, 1.05, 1.07, and nVidia) do I need to add each one individually, or if I add 1.07 does it include the two that come before it, in this case 1.02 and 1.05? Should I just go with the most updated patch or do I need to add each of them to play Links 2003 at the best level. Thanks,
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

dlynch67 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:29 am I'm going to install Links 2003 on my new laptop after playing for years on my old HP. When I go to add the patches (1.02, 1.05, 1.07, and nVidia) do I need to add each one individually, or if I add 1.07 does it include the two that come before it, in this case 1.02 and 1.05? Should I just go with the most updated patch or do I need to add each of them to play Links 2003 at the best level. Thanks,
Personally I would install 1.02 as it helps with sound issues on some PCs and then skip straight to 1.07.
dlynch67

Post by dlynch67 »

So, I do not need to install 1.05 separately? Should I go from installing 1.02 to 1.07 and skip 1.05? Is the Nvidia patch a necessary one? I would like to play Links at a the optimal level if at all possible. I have a fairly new (2018) Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Intel Core i7. When I run Links it says 3D acceleration by UHD graphics 620. When I look at system info on Links it states 1024 x 768, 32 bit color for video resolution. If you could provide some specific step by step it would be greatly appreciated, as I not been able to run Links successfully since I first installed it on my new laptop. It always ran fine on my HP elitebook which was a 2008 model. Any step by step assistance, troubleshooting, or shortcuts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

dlynch67 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 4:02 pmShould I go from installing 1.02 to 1.07 and skip 1.05?
Yes. (Did you get it sorted?)
Is the Nvidia patch a necessary one?
Not sure but there have been no reports of anyone having trouble with it, I believe most people use it, so why not?
I would like to play Links at a the optimal level if at all possible. I have a fairly new (2018) Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Intel Core i7. When I run Links it says 3D acceleration by UHD graphics 620. When I look at system info on Links it states 1024 x 768, 32 bit color for video resolution. If you could provide some specific step by step it would be greatly appreciated, as I not been able to run Links successfully since I first installed it on my new laptop. It always ran fine on my HP elitebook which was a 2008 model. Any step by step assistance, troubleshooting, or shortcuts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Did you see pmgolf's post in the other thread you posted in? viewtopic.php?p=5928#p5928 As he suggests, you may not have selected the correct number before when editing the registry. I recommend reviewing your native monitor resolution and the registry options to make sure you're trying the correct one.

I dont know about step by step guides for installing the patches but if I recall correctly they're pretty straight forward, no?

Also, did you see my reply in the thread? Should I assume you tried it without success since you didnt reply to it? viewtopic.php?p=5871#p5871
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...