Links 2003 realistic difficulty

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
FOOOOORE!

Re: Links 2003 realistic difficulty

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm
What is Cue Club 2?
I have played other pool/snooker games (VP3, but not 4, and Pool Nation FX - pretty, but overkill), and the physics of Cue Club 2 are superior, none of the problems you mention. There is 2D and 3D, and overall it's extremely well done. cueclub.com is the website, I think the game sells for about 18USD. Best not go on with his topic, unless by PM ;)

karnaktwo

Post by karnaktwo »

Don't compare stats to PGA stats but totally agree with pmgolf re changing from the Click style of play to RTS. I really feel as if I'm playing golf not a game (in the mind). I have the player position set to close and no grid on the green. Just as with the real thing, no one can tell you how hard to stroke putts and you can hook and slice the ball with an imperfect swing at elite level. My Links handicap will be around plus one in Links, real one 9. Tour players still hit the ball further than my Links swing although I have had 345 plus drives occasionally. Were I unable to play the real thing this is a very enjoyable second option.

pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Karnak2, I've found that I can hit the ball more consistently (long shots) by watching the animation swing. I pause at the top when his hands make a triangle with his shoulders.

Pete

karnaktwo

Post by karnaktwo »

pmgolf I have tried that and had good results sometimes but just like the real thing I can be different one day to the next. I wouldn't still be playing this game after so long if it was easy, just like the real thing. I think that is Links secret.

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

This post might be more appropriate in the "Designers" thread but as far as real courses are concerned, I suggest going the "Lambton" route and trying to get as much input from:

1. The best designer colleagues,
2. The specific club website-clubs have really improved their local websites,
3. Websites like Gold Advisor are great for showing satellite views of course layouts, AND,
4. Any Linksters who may be (or might have been) familiar with the local area but lack the patience, ability or both to work with APCD themselves and like to "nit pick" :smile:

A perfect example is taking place now with Lambton. We have almost a dozen pages of input, some of which has come from somebody in Category 4 :whistle: and believe me, when I play the Beta I feel that I'm back in Toronto (honest :thumbup: )...there are a couple of other local clubs that I've been able to look at and hopefully given some input (it's great to see that my "Canada" post has yielded some great results!)

And the same goes for Sage with Chambers Bay.

I'm always available for input if you're working in the "Great White North". :naughty:

Anyway, that's my two cents (Canadian) input for this post.