Virtual Opponents

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Luenz

Virtual Opponents

Post by Luenz »

Hi Community,

I would like to play against Computer Golfer.

I'm actually testing different AI Players/Settings in Courses to get the right Slider-Positions. But some further help will be welcome and widens the Decision-Base....

Have some Questions...maybe you can help.

1) Does the last / bottom Slider (I think it's called aggressivness) has remarkable Influence to the Playing Results of the AI Golfer?

2) I have an Average of about 67 (without short Courses)... with the following settings:
Classic Pro
Gusty Wind (some Courses with Windy or Breezy)
MC / MC
Back Tees
Standard Pins... No Changes

Here is the Questions 😊
How would you Setup the AI-Player to match this settings?

A Lot of Thanks in forward
Derek
Big Sexy JC

Re: Virtual Opponents

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Derek,

First, the link below is of almost every decent well known golfer from the PGA from 1980 to 2009 (2010-2012 coming soon). These are all computer/ai golfers that I created based on their real life data for the given year. They have all been set to pro level so they will score almost dead on with what you are wanting based on your 67 average.

I've had to adjust the aggressive score multiple times to find the right range, but 50-75 is where I've landed. Too aggressive and they try to do unrealistic silly things. Not aggressive enough and there are no risks taken. You will see with the golfers in the below link that I determine aggressiveness by birdie average and it has served me well.

You are more than welcome to download any of the golfers in the below path and test them out. I've done a lot of the work for ya.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Luenz

Re: Virtual Opponents

Post by Luenz »

Hi Big Sexy JC,

many thanks for the Players. I will test them soon and will give you some feedback after my testing.

Great work...

Thank you

Derek