What Ani do you use?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Luenz

What Ani do you use?

Post by Luenz »

Hi Links-Players,

I'm curious...like in my 2 posts before.

This time there are 2 new questions:

1. How many "Players" do you use/play with?

Some Gamer just play the same settings/clubs ..., but maybe they play more than one "Player" for different occasions?
Other play different settings, but maybe is it always the same "game piece"?

I play a lot of "Bags" -- see my post "Clubs in the Bag" --> every Bag is another player/model.

2. Which Ani-Model do you use?
And maybe some words about the used "clothes"

Many thanks
Derek
MrT

Re: What Ani do you use?

Post by MrT »

Payne Stewart..

It was either Payne Stewart or John Daly, but Daly is too harlequinesque for my personal taste.
Also, in some .ani, players look smaller than in others and I do not like when they look too small.
Payne Stewart looks big so I chose that and has lots of combinations of clothes so that I could find a nice attire to suit my personal style.

If there were a Greg Norman .ani with a nice hat, good size, and good selection of clothes, I would switch to that for wearing a hat is my style.

I have 5 players with different clubs, but in the end, as I am always the same guy playing, one bag of clubs suits me the most and so I am basically using just one player now.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Luenz wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 6:40 pm Hi Links-Players,

This time there are 2 new questions:
1. How many "Players" do you use/play with?

1a. I play a lot of "Bags" -- see my post "Clubs in the Bag" --> every Bag is another player/model.

2. Which Ani-Model do you use?

2a. And maybe some words about the used "clothes"

Many thanks, Derek
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I use players for each different set of clubs-in-the-bag. One player has a 3 iron, but no SW, another has a SW, but no 3 iron. And I use one particular player for Tournaments and one for practice. (D1,3W,5W,6W,7W,2i,3i,5i,7i,8i,9i,PW,LW-P)

1a. I use clubs-in-the-bag from probably 20 manufacturers. Callaway, Taylormade, Cleveland, Ping, etc. I find the ones that look the best to me. You can switch out Drivers or irons or putters using the Utility. (Taylormade woods, Callaway irons and a Odyssey putter)

2. I use models (animations) with reduced emotions: JH Taylor, James Braid, Graham MacDonald, Sean Connery, Norm. I don't like the animations that drop the putter when they miss, or drop their club and kick at it when they hit a bad shot. You can edit the emotion-reaction file.

2a. There is an Utility that allows you to add a different shirt, maybe shoes, or a hat to an animation.

Pete
Titus

Post by Titus »

pmgolf wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 12:17 am

2. I use models (animations) with reduced emotions: JH Taylor, James Braid, Graham MacDonald, Sean Connery, Norm. I don't like the animations that drop the putter when they miss, or drop their club and kick at it when they hit a bad shot. You can edit the emotion-reaction file.

Pete

Hi Peter,

what software can you use to change the emotions of anise?
I would like to turn off the negative emotions of my anise.

Titus
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

I use one of the basic ani's "John", dressed in a Steeler shirt with a Steeler Driver, Ping clubs (3w,5w,3 thru 9Irons, PW, SW, LW) loved the gold putter but lost it on a re-install and can't seem to get it back.
I Use this "guy" at all times and the clubs never change.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Titus wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 11:45 am
pmgolf wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 12:17 am

Pete

Hi Peter,

what software can you use to change the emotions of anise?
I would like to turn off the negative emotions of my anise.

Titus
It's been years and years since I last made changes to the necessary files. I just spent 2+ hours looking for my notes about this and I can't find them. I did find one file here (*). Make a copy of it and open it in NotePad and you will see a section where animation reactions are shown based on the event that caused them. Maybe you can track down the individual Ani reactions file like I once did. Otherwise you'll have to settle for the Ani's with calmed-down reactions like I am now doing.

Here (*): C:\Links 2003\PolyAni\Scripts.txt (I didn't install my /Links 2003/ inside the /Program Files (x86)/ folder. Makes it easier to work with)

Pete
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello Pete,

Many thanks for your effort and your information. :thumbup:
I'll look for the file and see if I can change it.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

@ "You can edit the emotion-reaction file".....lol...didn't know that pmgolf...is this a great game or what..lol...whatever crew Microsoft assigned to this game back in the day must have been way ahead of their time...Microsoft does get things right ..@once in a while.....lol... :thumbup:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Being left handed it's Bubba all the way for me, plus it's a really good ani.

I also use Ricky Fowler and Adam Scott when testing

:cheers1:
T