WOW!! The game is still alive👍

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
PatAuge

WOW!! The game is still alive👍

Post by PatAuge »

Hi All,

I’m one of the original dinosaurs designers of the game. My specialty was designing 3D objects for myself and other designers most notably Mike Jones. I thought I’d reminisce and stumbled upon the forum and was shocked to see it’s still alive. The APCD was by far the best public design program by a long shot and it still seems to stand the test of time. Well done to you for keeping this game active.

Cheers
Pat Auge
Adelade

Re: WOW!! The game is still alive👍

Post by Adelade »

Welcome back! Still going strong here :thumbup:

I had actually been hoping to reach you to ask you a question about something, could you please check your private messages on this site? :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That's great, Pat! I am one of the original fans of the game! Thank you for all you did - it's still the best PC golf game I've ever played! So what are you doing now? Still designing? Just curious.

Pete
Member of the "Divots" club and eventually the Pro Tour on the original Links Online Tour back when it was connected to Access Software (9600 baud modem)

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Pat-I'm the unofficial Beta course "nitpicker" and I have a bit of a fetish for 3d objects...
...and clubhouses.

Welcome back!
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

I have not designed for along time!! Thank you for the kind words about my work. I now play a golf game call Golf Clash which is an app. Have you guys heard of it?

Pat
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Jimbo wrote: February 10th, 2021, 11:02 pm Hi Pat-I'm the unofficial Beta course "nitpicker" and I have a bit of a fetish for 3d objects...
...and clubhouses.

Welcome back!
Well maybe you could help me. Do you have any pics of Chuck’s Pebble Beach clubhouse? I believe I built that as well

Pat
Baggins

Post by Baggins »

PatAuge wrote: February 10th, 2021, 11:20 pm
Jimbo wrote: February 10th, 2021, 11:02 pm Hi Pat-I'm the unofficial Beta course "nitpicker" and I have a bit of a fetish for 3d objects...
...and clubhouses.

Welcome back!
Well maybe you could help me. Do you have any pics of Chuck’s Pebble Beach clubhouse? I believe I built that as well

Pat
I have all the originals right here, Pat! Great to see your mug, mate!! :cheers1:

Brett
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Same👊👊 I’d love to see some of my old handy work

Pat