Access Software

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
nickpasich

Access Software

Post by nickpasich »

Who remembers when I new course would come out, and if I remember right, they cost about 20 bucks a course and they came on a few 3.5in disks?
Kunkleman

Re: Access Software

Post by Kunkleman »

I'm sure there are many on here who have shelled out quite a few 20's back in the days. Myself included. :yes:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

To obtain any new course back then was an exciting moment.
I have them all now and kinda appreciate this fact greatly every time I fire up Links LS 2000.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Kunkleman wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 11:36 am I'm sure there are many on here who have shelled out quite a few 20's back in the days. Myself included. :yes:
And we loved it!
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

i could do a VOLUMINOUS amount(s) of post(s) to show off ALL of the links course boxes i have :laugh:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

woody4077 wrote: April 24th, 2021, 10:35 am i could do a VOLUMINOUS amount(s) of post(s) to show off ALL of the links course boxes i have :laugh:
If you or someone has high quality scans of boxes I'd love to see and download them. I threw all my boxes out except for Links 2000 and Links 2003 game boxes. Going to regret it forever! Really wish I still had them! :rant: :rant: :rant:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Nick-I have them in near mint condition (my wife isn't happy). I'll put thinks together in a few days.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Aw man, great memories, nothing as exciting as getting a postcard from Access Software announcing the new course available for Links! I don't remember which course it was but I placed the order and my credit card that I provided for payment had expired and I got a new card with a new number, didn't get the course, called to find out why I didn't get it and couldn't believe they didn't call or reach out to me when the payment failed, to get the payment so I could get the course, wish I could remember which course it was, but I was not happy with Access for a while after that happened.

Jim Evers
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

For anyone who wants to again run these Access games:
I've learned they are really fussy about graphics cards beyond the Win 98 era cards.
On Win 10 none of the games work full stop. On Win 7 or Win XP, it will come down to the graphics card if they work or not. Some cards they like, some they don't even on Win XP systems.
I've tested the old games across multiple systems and with different cards.
Links 2003 on the other hand, runs on virtually anything. It runs even better on the most modern systems than it did on the systems it was designed for. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

If it's any consolation I only saved/scanned the back of the Access course boxes. The fronts were pretty generic as I recall.