Combo Pack

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
nickpasich

Combo Pack

Post by nickpasich »

I bought and installed the combo pack. After installing it, I see where most of the courses installed 4 different files. What is the difference in them?

Can I deleted the ones that aren't 2003 which is the version of Links that I use?
pmgolf

Re: Combo Pack

Post by pmgolf »

On the table beside me I have 4 different fruits. What is the difference in them?

If you find that question difficult to answer, imagine how difficult your question is to answer. :laugh:

Did you ever consider including enough information so your audience will know what you're talking about?
nickpasich

Post by nickpasich »

I meant to say 4 different courses in stead of 4 different files. When I installed the courses from the Combo Pack, for instance I show:

Banff Springs
Banff Springs (2003)
Banff Springs (LS)
Banff Springs 2001

Barton Creek - Fazio (LS)
Barton Creek Fazio Foothills
Barton Creek Fazio Foothills (2003)
Barton Creek-Fazio

Castle Pines Golf Club
Castle Pines Golf Club (2000)
Castle Pines Golf Club (LS)

In the example of the Banff Springs or the Barton Creek download, is that 4 completely differently designed courses. Or, are they duplicates for people who may have a different version of Links?

I would prefer to not have duplicate courses to sort though if possible. Plus, if I recall, it takes the game longer to load if there are lots of courses installed.

One is yellow, one is red, one is rotten and one has fruit flies!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Go with the 2003 version. I doubt if you will have any need for the rest. Don't forget to check out the terrific free courses available at this site. Try Crooked Creek HD, Pine Valley HD, Cara Brae HD, Pinehurst 2 HD, Harbour Town Golf Links HD and Augusta National 2009-2010. And they are just the beginning.

Pete