The Masters: Fall 2020 Edition

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
1PuttJeff

The Masters: Fall 2020 Edition

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I am really looking forward to watching The Masters golf tournament starting this week and it will seem kind of strange to watch it during the fall for many reasons. It will especially seem strange not to see the course in "full bloom" as it always looks so great in early spring. However, the fall foliage might give it a distinctly different look than what we are used to and that might not be such a bad thing. Not having a gallery watching the event will probably make the most impact because they are a big part of the whole "Masters" experience. Thankfully, the PGA Tour merely postponed the event rather then cancel it outright. :smile:
ww2marine

Re: The Masters: Fall 2020 Edition

Post by ww2marine »

One of my all time favorite tournaments. So many great stories about the place.
Who would be the favorite or who would you like to see win it this year?.

Bob,
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

Yeah, it's Masters Week! Potential for rain, but not too cool or too windy. Fall foliage will be interesting to see. I'm really looking forward to it (and I'll be firing up Links/Augusta more than a few times this week)!
:cheers1:
John B

Post by John B »

Looks like rain and possible lightning every single day from now through ... of course ... Sunday. Then it's clearing from Monday onward. I wouldn't be surprised if the tournament does not get finished this weekend.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The weather forecast I saw said possible thunderstorms Thursday but the other days just had elevated chances of storms. Weather forecasts vary.

Pete
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

John Rahm - Now this is how it's done - https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must- ... ta~2073680
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
John B

Post by John B »

BruMu wrote: November 10th, 2020, 10:10 pm John Rahm - Now this is how it's done - https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must- ... ta~2073680
That's impressive, but you know what would really be even more impressive? Rahm comes to the 16th tee in the final round tied for the lead and he tries that shot again. Now THAT would take some rather large attachments, lol. :notworthy: