Winged Foot West

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
guitarget2019

Winged Foot West

Post by guitarget2019 »

21 players under par in the first round. Do you suppose they've removed the teeth from this famously difficult course? Or are today's players so much better than they were in 1974 and 2006? :dunno:
JimEvers37

Re: Winged Foot West

Post by JimEvers37 »

I was thinking the same thing watching the action today, I didn't notice how the wind was today and I think the course was a little wetter too than they would have liked it to be, but with the current equipment and skill level of today's player they will be able to score on the course if the greens are receptive and if they can stay in the short grass.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

To me, it looks like the 'teeth' at WFW this year seems to be the extra thick and difficult rough. Seeing some of these guys trying to get a close chip shot onto the green out of that stuff ends up in too much or too little swing. It's like the course is saying..."stay on the fairways, guys, or it might be a long round". It'll be interesting to see what some of the lowest scores are after the event.
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Only 7 people under par now. Perhaps Winged Foot's teeth have regrown? :laugh:
ww2marine

Post by ww2marine »

Only three people shot under par yesterday. Living up to it's reputation.

Bob,