Where is everyone from?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.

Where are you from?

USA - West
15%
USA - South
11%
USA - Midwest / Northeast
27%
Canada
9%
England
11%
Ireland / Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland
5%
Northern or Eastern Europe
2%
Central or Southern Europe
7%
Australia / New Zealand
11%
Other
1%

Total votes: 88

linksrevisited

Re: Where is everyone from?

Post by linksrevisited »

Richmond, North Yorkshire, UK
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Ian Wells wrote: ↑Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm
I selected other, as I am English who lives the summer 6 months in Belgium and winter 6 months in Mexico. My butt follows the sun :laugh:
Ian
So living in Belgium counts as "following the sun"?? Haha, I spent a few months in Europe July-Sept one year, and froze. I had to buy new clothes, even my normal winter clothes which I packed just in case there was a cold snap couldn't keep me warm. Never been so cold for so long, I couldn't wait to get back to some real warmth.

Cheers, AJ
:laugh: I spent a year working in New Plymouth in 1981 and, as a Kiwi, you will know that as beautiful as Mt. Taranaki is, it is hardly tropical?

Belgium is my home and “oost west, thuis best”. Belgium in summer is much more appealing to the rainy season in Mexico. And Belgium beer is the best in the world, and as a Kiwi you will have appreciated the quality. :cheers1:

Enjoy your spring/summer.

:tiphat:
Ian
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Ian, probably my fave drop is Stella Atois, I think that might be a Belgium lager? Closely followed by Heineken and Corona.

Yes, NZ is not particularly "tropical" until you get above Auckland. But I haven't lived over there for a long time. I'm in Australia, outback, so summers are hot. And I often spend a good part of the winters in Fiji (lots of friends there, and I own and run a Fiji travel website). So, it's been a long time since I have seen a frost :naughty:

Yes, spring is here now, today was 24c, expecting 28c tomorrow. Another few weeks and we will start getting into the hot weather. Had 50c a few times last summer, hopefully it won't be that bad tho with climate change it's probably inevitable I suppose.

Cheers, AJ
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

Montgomery, Alabama, USA
Doug
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I live way out on Vancouver Island but T.O. will always be my home. There are a few more Canucks who are "living in the shadows".😉
moony

Post by moony »

Blackpool Tower anyone close?
karnaktwo

Post by karnaktwo »

Scotland. nearby courses of note: Carnoustie, St Andrews, Gleneagles plus many more including Charleton a links rendition which I cannot score on either IRL or Links. :rant:
ragamuffin

Post by ragamuffin »

Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario (in the west end of Etobicoke). Now live in Brandon, Manitoba :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

ragamuffin wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:47 am Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario (in the west end of Etobicoke). Now live in Brandon, Manitoba :cheers1:
Hi Raga-I guess you've seen the evolution of the Lambton Country Club.
Rumour has it that people are "investigating" St. George's!😉
ragamuffin

Post by ragamuffin »

Jimbo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:17 am
ragamuffin wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:47 am Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario (in the west end of Etobicoke). Now live in Brandon, Manitoba :cheers1:
Hi Raga-I guess you've seen the evolution of the Lambton Country Club.
Rumour has it that people are "investigating" St. George's!😉
Kind of; moved away about 25 years ago. I sure remember Islington Golf club; grew up just down the street from it. St. George's would be awesome. All these bring back memories of growing up in TO :smile: Are you from the area?