courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Triple J

courses

Post by Triple J »

what are Some Good Courses To Play :smile:
Adelade

Re: courses

Post by Adelade »

What type of courses do you personally like? Real/Realistic/Fantastical, Links/Parkland/etc, Easy/Tournament/Devilish, focus on visual beauty or gameplay? Otherwise in general, sorting the course list by rating is a pretty good way to at least start out.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Specifically, I would recommend the newest Augusta National, Cara Brae HD, Shadowlands HD, Whistling Straits HD and Pine Valley. They are among the best of the available courses, but they are tough! :smile:

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Adelade wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:30 am Otherwise in general, sorting the course list by rating is a pretty good way to at least start out.
The option to sort courses by user rating has been removed as it became meaningless. Just over a third of the currently available courses had user ratings and some of those were based on a very small number of votes. The user rating system was, sadly, abused and became unfit for purpose. :sad:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Oh I didnt know it was removed :sad: I get what you mean but thats a shame, even if it wasnt perfect it helped me out a lot when I looked for courses. I will bump up the priority of my 'recommended courses' list I had planned on finalizing one day :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

I also agree, that it is a shame that it was abused, I liked the system.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Oh so many to play! Especially since the game has been around so long! Anything by Mike Jones or Rob Miller (designer search) are definite winners and they include some of the best fictional and real creations using the APCD. You can find just about anything from the US Tour. They are a couple really good renditions of Pebble Beach, a rendition of Cypress Point. Also, try courses by Eddie Schmidt, like Spyglass Hill and Harbourtown. Recently, try Chambers Bay by Sage Vanni. Welcome to Links Corner!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

As a Canuck I\recommend Glen Abbey. It was the first course that Jack Nicklaus designed "solo" and served as the home of the Canadian Open for 30 years since opening in 1972... Len Krosese, along with Marc Mcintosh's work has stood up very well over 7 years.
The real course now faces an uncertain future but the Links course is going to be around for a long time. :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Triple J wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:21 am what are Some Good Courses To Play :smile:
Another top designer that I didn't see mentioned is Wayne Hewett. Be sure and get his courses too. He's one of the best... :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

My favorite Links course was done by Wayne Hewitt: Crooked Creek HD. Play it twice, from the Back and then Forward Tees and you're in for a treat!

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2066

Pete