POLL: Are you an offline or online player?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.

Are you an offline or online player?

I play online only
12%
I play offline only (Single rounds, mops etc)
44%
I play the career mode only
6%
I play a combination of the above
38%

Total votes: 50

Still Linksing

POLL: Are you an offline or online player?

Post by Still Linksing »

Same as the other topic, I'm looking to get an idea of the type of 2020 Links user.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Re: POLL: Are you an offline or online player?

Post by pmgolf »

I play offline at an Online/Offline site - LSPN, as opposed to playing offline with no connection to a tournament web site. Confusing - right?

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Pretty much online only. Mostly against my mate that lives over in NZ, and we use Game Ranger for that. BTW, anyone here that plays on Game Ranger and feels like a round sometime, keep an eye out for me... Toddy Malone is my golfer name there.

Cheers, AJ
Blade

Post by Blade »

AJ Allen wrote: June 17th, 2020, 12:48 am Pretty much online only. Mostly against my mate that lives over in NZ, and we use Game Ranger for that. BTW, anyone here that plays on Game Ranger and feels like a round sometime, keep an eye out for me... Toddy Malone is my golfer name there.

Cheers, AJ
I also play at Game Ranger Blade is the Name.
Every Sat / Sun 4.00 pm Aussie Time I play with my long time Mate Ole who is in Denmark.
Maybe one Day we can have a four ball alternate shot - if 6.00 pm time suits your Kiwi Mate.
Oh and we use Skype - Ole being a teacher his English is perfect my Danish is non existent :rofl:

Cheers
D
Bassmaster

Post by Bassmaster »

I've never had much luck with the game operating properly when transferring the stats.
Rick :cheers1:
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Offline only
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Finally I see I'm not the only one who plays nothing but career mode! :clapping: :cheers1:
Where did all the others go??? There was at one time many of us career mode junkies who played nothing else. :dunno:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Tried Career mode maybe 20 years ago, but gave it up after winning first three tournaments. Must have been doing something wrong. Played on Game Ranger for years, but although it was great fun I lost some great pards and it was restrictive as to time. Tournaments on LSPN.NET allow you to play whenever you have the time and inclination. Plus competition is such that winning a tournament is special. So that's how I prefer to play now.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Kunkleman wrote: July 4th, 2020, 12:56 pm Tried Career mode maybe 20 years ago, but gave it up after winning first three tournaments. Must have been doing something wrong.
Yes, you didn't set AI difficulty to be competitive.

You can make the AI as easy or hard as you want. You can set it up so you always win or you can set it up so you always finish last or anything in between. After you set a general/base AI difficulty, you can still adjust what they shoot on a tournament by tournament basis. If for example you are playing a hard course, you can make them shoot higher scores just for that course and vice versa for an easy course. They will struggle or they will shoot good scores to match your own game on that particular course.

There is as much competition as you want, it's highly flexible and it's fun to always try and do better with each season you play.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Linksing Wrote:
"Yes, you didn't set AI difficulty to be competitive."

Yes, missed that step at the time. Have done that subsequently in order to play matches against them, which is fun.