POLL: Are you a player or designer?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.

Are you a player or designer?

Designer
5%
Player
72%
Both
23%

Total votes: 64

saramago

Re: POLL: Are you a player or designer?

Post by saramago »

Player and Club Designer... terrible with APCD. :wallbash:
Saramago
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

I think there should be another category - Attempting to be a Designer... I have been 'trying' to design my old course Mountain Ash on Links for the last 15 years and with the help of all the tutorials out there have made a real effort during Lockdown in the UK. By the end of this year I reckon I will have a playable course completed but it is so grim in comparison to the stuff that REAL Designers produce... So please put me down as Both - I can't find a polling button anywhere.
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

I just found the Button! An example of my computer skills - hence 15 years of trying...
Wayne Hewitt

Post by Wayne Hewitt »

Both, but havnt had time for either for quite a few years now.
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Wayne Hewitt wrote: August 30th, 2020, 1:32 pm Both, but havnt had time for either for quite a few years now.
Happy to see you in this forum Wayne :cheers1: :clapping: :thumbup:
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Wayne Hewitt wrote: August 30th, 2020, 1:32 pm Both, but havnt had time for either for quite a few years now.
That's too bad. You are my favorite designer. I've always been impressed with your work, starting with Kylane. Thanks for all of the great courses, and come back and make some more when you have time. :smile:

Cheers, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Nice to see you still around Wayne. Remember testing Tall Pines with Mick Lenton :thumbup:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Nice hearing from you Wayne. I enjoy playing your courses, but Crooked Creek HD is my personal favorite course! Love those extra back tees. I use it for the annual Championship Tournament at the LSPN World Tour.

Pete
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

I've been asking for 2001 courses for me to update and Kylane was one of the suggestions in the last couple of weeks.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Lez Marwick wrote: August 30th, 2020, 10:04 pm
I've been asking for 2001 courses for me to update and Kylane was one of the suggestions in the last couple of weeks.
YES! :thumbup: :kicking: :yes: Kylane is a good choice Lez, and it's not locked either. The first time I played this course, I recognized that the designer had exceptional APCD skills. Been following his work ever since.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added