Hello there! New golfer with many questions

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Rodilroy

Hello there! New golfer with many questions

Post by Rodilroy »

Hello there!
Pretty new in the game, I'm from Uruguay!
I come from an easier background, namely, Tiger Woods 2004. This game I bought Links 2003 is getting me really nervous I can't hit a ball well! :tongue:
Would love to know you! Got some other questions for you also such us How to play casual rounds online with people and how to fade and draw the ball with RTS! (I'm using the system I used with TW2004).

Cheers!
Kunkleman

Re: Hello there! New golfer with many questions

Post by Kunkleman »

For casual rounds, join "Game Ranger". Someone else will have to help with RTS.
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi Rodilroy, welcome to Links and this site! Kunkleman is right, installing the Gameranger app is the best way to play online, although there are still leagues around if you like that style. I'm a clicker (use mouse to play) so I cant help you with RTS. I gave up on it minutes after trying it!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Hello, Rodilroy! Glad to now know somebody from Uruguay! I play RTS and I have a lot of tips to share with you.

First, Fade and Draw:

Clickers have Fade and Draw available to them but RTSers are supposed to make some magical mouse movement that I find impossible. This fixes it.

A. Select your favorite golfer and go into an 18 hole round at any course.

B. In the game screen bottom's MENU, click on "Shot Options", inside that, select "Swing Options". Change the swing type to "click".

C. Go to the Shot "Setup". (Right click on the swing icon - choose "Setup")

D. IMPORTANT: Uncheck the "This shot only" check mark box.

E. Choose a Driver to start with.

1. Select "Fade" and take note of where the "Swing Plane", "Club Face" and "Trajectory" sliders have moved to.

2. Choose "Flop" and reset the sliders to the "Fade" selections. (Also adjust Trajectory to 2 clicks down for Driver and 4 clicks down for all others)

3. Select "Draw" and take note of where the "Swing Plane", "Club Face" and "Trajectory" sliders have moved to.

4. Choose "Punch" and reset the sliders to the "Draw" selections. (Also adjust Trajectory to 2 clicks down for Driver and 4 clicks down for all others)

5. Change to the next club.

6. Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for all your clubs.

F. Click the "Shot Setup" OK button.

G.Once back in the game, change the swing type to "RTS". (Game screen bottom menu, "Shot Options", "Swing Options")

If it worked, "Flop" is now your Fade setting, and "Punch" is now your Draw setting. If it didn't work, the "This Shot Only" box was probably NOT unchecked. (It makes the change permanent)

High trajectories create more fade and lower trajectories create a more violent draw. The Driver has the most violent Fade and Draw. To aim the Driver, pick a spot 250 yards out and fade away from or draw away from that spot. To pass settings to your other named players, "Clone" the one you set up to a new golfer. The settings will pass along.

Wind affects the amount of Fade and Draw. Note: sometimes the "sweet spot" club contact with the ball will affect the amount of Fade/Draw.

TRAJECTORY should be 2 clicks down from the top for Driver and 4 clicks down for other woods and irons.

Swing Plane: -------------------------------- Club Face settings:
Fade: -2 for woods and -3 for irons // +2 for woods and +3 for irons
Draw: +2 for woods and +3 for Irons // -2 for woods and -3 for irons
Irons: Reduce settings to -2 or +2 to reduce severity of Fade/Draw

This should make the game much more enjoyable for RTSers.

I have some more tips, but I'd rather not post them in a Forum. Please send me an email (pm_golf@yahoo.com) and I will send them to you in a return email. I hope these tips help you enjoy the game more!

Pete
linksrevisited

Post by linksrevisited »

Thanks for that Pete, finally I have set my World RTS player up for fade and draw