Finally back in Links and the APCD

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
72Animal

Finally back in Links and the APCD

Post by 72Animal »

Finally got off my butt and made a new account. Couldn't get in under the old one. Between having a hip replacement at 47 and schools being closed due to COVID...I've had lots of Links and APCD time. Headed towards the Masters in my Career Mode this week. Just gotta do my Texas Open (at Barton Fazio Creek) then head to Georgia. Still enjoy this game after all these years, the APCD just as much as the golf! I've always been a little all over in the designer but I do have a bunch of things that could be released as is or with a few touch ups. I'll put more in the Course Forum, but I've got late versions of Royal Liverpool (with lots of 3d housing and clubhouse), Abu Dhabi (with 3d clubhouse, course is planted and playable) Durban CC (working on the 3d clubhouse but the course is pretty good), Hamilton CC, St Georges CC (both with 3d clubhouse, Hamilton is further along than St Georges coursewise). Heck, my APCD folder still has around 40 or so courses in there.

Hope everyone new and old on this board is doing well and enjoying their virtual golf...until we can get to the real thing!
sagevanni

Re: Finally back in Links and the APCD

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal......

I have been working on "Hamilton CC, St Georges CC" but if you have those courses pretty much ready to release, I will gladly discontinue my work and let you go full on with them.

Sage..... :clapping: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi Sage, I would say Hamilton is almost ready to release. My St Georges is not quite as far along...especially planting and testing-wise. I would never ask you to stop work on anything unless you wanted to, your course production and quality have been prodigious! I guess I would say that s the community has shrunk over the years it might be best to focus our designing energies though!. Totally your choice.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal,

My thing is I don't want to compete with 2 courses......know what I mean. I want to continue but I certainly don't want you to stop either.

I would love to see what you have on Chambers Bay and that way I can decide to continue or not. See what I mean...?????

If would indulge me and link me to your files on Chambers Bay so I can look at them that would be awesome and make my decision to continue or not much easier......

Thanks......Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
hopeless@golf

Post by hopeless@golf »

Sage you should send him the pictures that I sent to you, may help him with the finishing of Hamilton GCC
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Animal:

I had done a review of Sage's Hamilton and it was coming along-except for tournament objects and spectators.
When you say "St. George" are you referring to the one in Toronto (that I've been lobbying for)? If so, and if you need some extra bits of info, I sent a little package to Sage a while ago...including pics of the clubhouse and curling club.
Is this the St. George you mean? (Please say yes). :naughty:

By the way, welcome back!
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Yes, Jimbo that's the one. I actually worked on the clubhouse yesterday. Mine needs to be planted, the clubhouse textured and the details like hole previews added.